[FT] Rangers 0 - 1 Hamilton Acas

5 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

He at least tried

That's true to an extent but as usual too many of his passes were short or went to Hamilton players as has been the want for most of the season.From his early promise he has faded badly.

3 minutes ago, MacK1950 said:

I still think he will do a good job but will have to look at how he loans players out e.g. keeping Jone/Barker and loaning out Murphy who is playing well at his loan club.

Docherty a revelation at Hibs,McCrorie holding a place at Portsmouth,etc..

IMHO, Jones played well enough, then we got Kent and he never get a foothold again. Kent is no left winger, Jones has pace, is direct and will shoot at goal.

Barker ... haven't seen anything from him that validates his place on the bench. Why we signed him and Jones and Kent when we had Murphy ... all vbying for on slot is beyond me.

Murphy was back from injury and needs competitive footy. He was not going to get it while we had Kent (and Jones), all fit and running. At the time, they were ahead of him.

Docherty runs a bit hot and cold at Hibs, as does McCrory. Both do show some grit the current folk lack though.

What sent us even more down the mire was not having Morelos, Defoe, Helander and Polster ready to step in after the break, for one reason or another. IMHO, the main reason remains the wrong tactics time and again ...

Can't for the love of the game understand why we tried to play that "modern game" against people who sussed it out ging back to MW days. It is as much a luxury as is the European run.

Thanks for that I still haven't calmed down since I got in from game and am spouting out what I feel after tonight,first time I have ever booed them off the field but it was all they deserved.

Watching them limber up before the game they practice shooting and then in game  pass ball to death it's soul destroying.

Never mind am off for a shower then bed as I have my school crossing post in the morning.

Just watched the goal back.  Wow.

Didn't realise at the time but Tavernier is massively culpable.

It's completely unacceptable.  He's not even trying to compete.  The Hamilton player and the ball are right in front of his face.

Why doesn't he just take the ball turn and clear it?!  I can only imagine that Goldson told him to leave it.  If so he could have blocked off the Hamilton player

I've never felt like we would be better with Polster until now.

I said at the start of the season tavenier and goldson werent good enough for where we want to be and that the would cost gerrard his job.   I'm being proven correct.    The last straw has broken the camels back.     

• Rousseau changed the title to [FT] Rangers 0 - 1 Hamilton Acas

I wouldn't gloss over Borna's part in the loss of the goal either. Like most goals we've conceded lately, it was a comedy of errors. 

On reflection, we had sufficient chances to win the game. Goldson had 2 headers that he should have scored with, Kamberi had two chances, Alfredo hit the bar (as did a deflected (Kent) effort) and Tav blazed over with the goal gaping. 

I said to  a friend recently that if Alfredo is not scoring, we seem to struggle more times than not. Our system is over reliant on a fully fit and fully firing Alfredo. 

Was a very weird night.

I actually thought we played OK for the first hour then, for whatever reason, our defence and Goldson in particular think it's time to take risks on the ball instead of just clearing it and we concede the most stupid of stupid goals when dominating.  No wonder McGregor was going ballistic as he'd just made a superb save a few seconds earlier.

After that, we created more chances but the lack of confidence was painful to watch and we could still be playing now and not have scored.

It's just not happening and I'm now at a loss to suggest how to change it but the manager needs to drop Tav, Goldson and one or two others who are just not playing well.  OK, they've done well over the piece in their Rangers careers but, right now, it's doing more harm than good to play them.

Yeah, I was not unhappy with that first half performance, although we lacked a bit of quality in the finish. 

They look terrified. 

There's nothing much to play for now, so I'd like to see some youngsters drafted in for the misfiring first-team players. 

The Colts would have won that game last night.