1 hour ago, Bluedell said:

He did set up a couple of chances for others, was unlucky when the keeper pulled of a great chance and was even unluckier when his header came off the bar. His link up play, particularly in the first half was generally good as well. 

He didn't get a lot of room in the second half after we overloaded the box and resorted to crosses.

I don't want Morelos tiring himself out running for lost causes or trying to do the job of others. I find the suggestion that he wasn't trying enough strange.

I thought Morelos worked hard and was unlucky.

Actually, I rewatched much of the game last night and it's incredible we didn't get at least one goal.  

Morelos season overall:

30 goals (expected goals of 28.3)

194 shots (4 shots per game) 

Morelos 2020 overall:

1 goal (expected goals of 4.25)

36 shots (4.5 shots per game)

I saw this on Twitter. He had two goals wrongly chopped off but they would have pushed the expected goals number up too. He'd needs to get his focus back.

7 minutes ago, Frankie said:

Actually, I rewatched much of the game last night and it's incredible we didn't get at least one goal.  

Agree Frankie.

When watching again we made enough chances to win comfortably.

Their keeper made a couple of fine saves, add to that being unlucky on a few occasions and throw in a couple of bad finishes It's strange how we didn't manage to  score.

The fact that they scored with only making a couple of chances for themselves and the one that mattered was gift wrapped helped make the whole night so hard to stomach.

20 minutes ago, Frankie said:

Firstly, what a great article by @fateck.

I get what you're saying about Morelos working hard, but unlucky?  I play golf with my best mate and another guy.  My mate hits his shots into the trees and every time this other guy says "ah unlucky pal".  He's been saying this for months.  The simple fact is that my mate is not unlucky, he is just hits too many bad shots too often.  Morelos is the same.

Morelos can be unplayable at times.  Before Christmas he played with a smile on his face and it's no wonder that this translated into terrific play and goals from him.  He looked moody from the start of 2020 again and its little wonder his head isn't right.  I can see it.  You can see it.  Everyone can see it, and yet Gerrard keeps playing him.

Our manager is to blame for this shambles at the moment.  It's not his fault that players are out of form, but its 100% his fault when he keeps playing them regardless.  When I saw the team the other night I almost posted something before the game started.  I was going to post that Gerrard has to go or get a good assistant in to help him with the man management side of his role.  He just does not understand the damage he is doing to this team by persevering with some of these players.  The reason I didnt post it however is because I wanted to be wrong so watched the game anyway.

It really doesn't matter if we go on an unbeaten run in the league until the end of the season.  It will make no difference to me.  My fear in fact is that we do something like this and then lull ourselves into a sense of false optimism.

In my opinion, there isn't too much wrong with this team.  We do need a leader or two on the pitch.  We clearly have none so there is no point giving the captaincy to anyone else currently at the club.  What we do need though is for our manager to take the steps required to demonstrate to the players, fans, and everyone at the club that this will not be tolerated.  He has failed to do that and yet had he done so by dropping certain players, we would have recovered quickly and could have sustained our title challenge.

In this next game at the weekend, he must drop Goldson, Tav, Davis and others.  Regardless of the result, this will help stabilise us in the medium term.  If he persists with them in this upcoming game, regardless of the result we will continue to create a poor culture.  I hope he makes the right decisions.  If I see them all in the starting eleven again I am not ashamed to say that I will not be watching and I'll be unlikely to go to any other games this season.

In all my years of supporting my team I've never felt like this before.  I think I'm so sore about it because we are so close, it's easy to fix, but needs the strength and skills in management to fix it.  Please Steven Gerrard, make the right decision for all our sakes.

3 minutes ago, Gaffer said:

In this next game at the weekend, he must drop Goldson, Tav, Davis and others.  Regardless of the result, this will help stabilise us in the medium term. 

I'm not sure at this stage. I'd hate us to experiment too much AND keep losing, only to watch celtic drop points and think what could've been. Once the league is mathematically gone, absolutely. Not that they don't deserve dropped, just that their nature is that they might turn up in the next game and are part of the strongest 11. 

Agree with the rest, we do need to find out weaknesses this season and work out how to eradicate them. By whatever method necessary. 

1 hour ago, Gaffer said:

In this next game at the weekend, he must drop Goldson, Tav, Davis and others.  Regardless of the result, this will help stabilise us in the medium term.  If he persists with them in this upcoming game, regardless of the result we will continue to create a poor culture.  I hope he makes the right decisions.

Absolutely agree. I'm very disappointed no announcement has been made today regarding a new captain.

Edited by Bill

24 minutes ago, Bill said:

Absolutely agree. I'm very disappointed no announcement has been made today regarding a new captain.

Think Tav will play & be captain on Sunday but SG has dug himself into a hole regards Goldson.

He dropped katic after the St Johnstone game after a poor performance.

He’s since allowed Goldson& Edmundson to get away with poor performances against hearts & Hamilton