[FT] Ross County 0 - 1 Rangers (Kent 77)

10 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

We have no chance on current form.  

I've been watching us, except for the 1st half of the game at Tynecastle and we are all over the place, with no spine, no desire and a complete lack of confidence. 

Unless something drastic happens, the vermin will finish about 20 points ahead of us.

I agree 100%. I just expected them to be out of sight regardless of what could happen in our favour in the OF games. I suppose the optimist in me thinks, there is a good team there and hopefully some sort of confidence can return? We were flying before Christmas and looked solid all over the park. It's just baffling that so many things have unravelled so quickly. Regardless of what happens in the title, hopefully the chance of beating them on Sunday can provide a spark of confidence for the remainder of the season? 

18 hours ago, Rousseau said:

It looked more like a situational back three towards the end (I saw Beale telling Kent to get wide): Polster tucked in, with Barisic high and wide on the left and Kent high and wide on the right -- this suits Kent, as @DMAA has been saying for a while. 

Also lets us get two strikers on.

At long last! He could do very well wide right in a 3-5-2. And in games where the opposition are camped in it gives us an extra man in an attacking position. 

Absolutely awful to watch, a lot of players doing themselve's no favours at all.  Not quick enough and not going forward.  Too many players are a shadow of the players they were before the break.

Morelos truly shocking yet again and his value will be plummeting by the game.  Thought Davis was awful too and even though Jack hasn't been performing since the break, it shows how much we miss him.  

Jones looked good when he came on I thought so hopefully gets more of a chance, same for Kamberi and Polster but can see Tav coming straight back in unfortunately.

10 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

We have no chance on current form.  

I've been watching us, except for the 1st half of the game at Tynecastle and we are all over the place, with no spine, no desire and a complete lack of confidence. 

Unless something drastic happens, the vermin will finish about 20 points ahead of us.

A change to 3-5-2 would be pretty drastic and only something like that could rejuvenate our season like the change to the 4-3-2-1 did last season.

We simply can't keep playing the current formation or the current formation with tweaks, the players have lost confidence in it like they had with the 4-3-3 last season.

11 minutes ago, MoodyBlue1872 said:

and even though Jack hasn't been performing since the break, it shows how much we miss him.  

I feel sorry for Jack because he has been hampered by injury since our season turned around. Even when he has played I don't think he's been 100% and the fact he's had a re-occurrence of it maybe confirms that. I think @Bill has been proved right in highlighting his importance to the side for a long time.

2 hours ago, DMAA said:

A change to 3-5-2 would be pretty drastic and only something like that could rejuvenate our season like the change to the 4-3-2-1 did last season.

We simply can't keep playing the current formation or the current formation with tweaks, the players have lost confidence in it like they had with the 4-3-3 last season.

Well, Barasic on the left acts like a left-winger anyway and whips in dangerous crosses 8 out of 10 times. The problem remains that few are there to convert them. That would mean we could let Barasic move into MF once we have the ball while Polster, Goldson and Edmundson stay back. Likewise, if Polster moves forward, Barasic stays back. And with "back" I don't mean "way back", just covering the backline while e.g. Goldson moves slightly to the right.

We sure do not need 2 DMs/CMs though and I was astonished to see Hagi go ahead of either Davis and Kamara - tactical-wise. Our frontline was constantly checked by 1 to 3 players and getting no-where. So in games like these, chuck one DM and put another striker or a more direct player like Jones on.