Chelsea v Everton (Billy Gilmour)

21 hours ago, alexscottislegend said:

He would have a first team regular with us by now. Hope we have a good sell-on fee arranged.

He would have struggled to even have made the bench for us, that is how little we trust the youngsters.

I watched the full game yesterday - the lad was oozing class, without doing anything overly exciting.  Great first touch, composed, looks to play vertical forward passes, excellent decision-making.  Started as the pivot and dictated play until Mount had to go off - they brought Reece James on who went pivot and Gilmour went and played the "10" and did so very well again.

When players like Giroud, Azpilicueta, Alonso, Pedro are looking to give you the ball to dictate play you know you have a player on your hands.

His MOTM was very worthy.  93% passing accuracy would sound good if you had 10 touches of the ball.... but Gilmour had more touches than any other player on the pitch, more touches in the opposition half too.

Should be an absolute stick-on for Scotland in the qualifiers because there is no other Scottish midfielder as good as him, regardless of him being only 18.

20 minutes ago, craig said:

Should be an absolute stick-on for Scotland in the qualifiers because there is no other Scottish midfielder as good as him, regardless of him being only 18.

As long as no one connected with the Scotland team actually tries to coach him.

What makes me laugh or rather actually really annoys me is the amount of comments on Rangers pages on FB where the comments are basically 'He left us so I don't care, hope he rots, traitor etc. etc'

No wonder I unfollow a lot of these dire pages/groups.

4 hours ago, craig said:

He would have struggled to even have made the bench for us, that is how little we trust the youngsters.

I watched the full game yesterday - the lad was oozing class, without doing anything overly exciting.  Great first touch, composed, looks to play vertical forward passes, excellent decision-making.  Started as the pivot and dictated play until Mount had to go off - they brought Reece James on who went pivot and Gilmour went and played the "10" and did so very well again.

When players like Giroud, Azpilicueta, Alonso, Pedro are looking to give you the ball to dictate play you know you have a player on your hands.

His MOTM was very worthy.  93% passing accuracy would sound good if you had 10 touches of the ball.... but Gilmour had more touches than any other player on the pitch, more touches in the opposition half too.

Was at the game yesterday and saw Gilmour at close quarters. His main ability is his quick feet and passing accuracy. He is able to turn quickly where larger opponents are left flat footed and unable to react. 

I can see him emerging into a Paul Scholes type player that is box to box and will add goals to his game as he matures and becomes more confident in being part of the 1st team. If i was Scotland boss i'd build the team around him, as you say there isnt another as good as him in the Scottish squad. 

3 hours ago, MoodyBlue1872 said:

What makes me laugh or rather actually really annoys me is the amount of comments on Rangers pages on FB where the comments are basically 'He left us so I don't care, hope he rots, traitor etc. etc'

No wonder I unfollow a lot of these dire pages/groups.

Not experienced those views on here as i posted another BG thread a few threads below this one and the views were supportive of a young fellow Glaswegian doing well, with maybe an understandable wish that he had remained another season or so, on loan maybe - especially if he hadn't broken into the Chelsea 1st team so early.