• Joe Aribo
    • Steven Davis
    • Glen Kamara
    • Ianis Hagi
    • Ryan Kent
    • Alfredo Morelos
    • Florian Kamberi
    • Jordan Jones

A bit of an inconsistent game for most players.  Some glimpses of decent play, quickly followed by awful stuff - especially in the first part of the second half where County could easily have been a goal or two to the good.

For that reason, my MotM has to be Allan McGregor.  I'd expect him to make the saves he did but, then again, I'm expecting his outfield peers not to make the simple mistakes they did to lead to a few of the chances (I'm looking at your Davis, Polster and Aribo).

3 minutes ago, MoodyBlue1872 said:

Someone actually voted for Davis?

I must have been watching a different game, he was awful.  Someone should remind him that the ball can go forward !!

Davis has been poor lately but was a complete waste of a jersey the other day.  If he didn't pass it to a centre-half, he lost possession.  Looks a shadow of the player that did so well earlier in the season.

6 minutes ago, Frankie said:

Davis has been poor lately but was a complete waste of a jersey the other day.  If he didn't pass it to a centre-half, he lost possession.  Looks a shadow of the player that did so well earlier in the season.

Needing dropped 

16 minutes ago, compo said:

Needing dropped 

Davis has missed some games lately but, be it rested, dropped or whatever, he's still not doing the business at all.  Seems to be under-hitting lots of passes and certainly not taking the games to teams. Another problem is that he's not defending as high up the pitch, meaning we don't win the ball back as quickly as we should, costing us space/time on the counter.

Reluctantly voted for Aribo, who at least had something about him in an otherwise dull first half. McGregor had two routine saves to make, their keeper had far more. Had either of those save not been made, I would have been criticising McGregor for conceding soft goals.

Davis was the one that stood out for me, but not in a good way. he was far too deep, taking the ball of the CH, and giving it square to someone else. And repeat. And repeat. No high pressing, no incisive passing to split the County defence, no shooting, nada. Basically the exact same performance as he put in against Hearts and Hamilton. Needs dropped immediately, but wont be.

If their was a DOTM award (diddy of the match) then Davis gets it this time. Sadly it has been easier to pick DOTM than MOTM in recent weeks.