[FT] Rangers 1 - 3 Bayer Leverkusen (Edmundson 75)

Just back.  They're a better team than us and it was a fair result.

I felt we were okay in the second half but the first half was hugely disappointing.   Little effort to get stuck in an seemed content just to make up the numbers.

Something is wrong at Ibrox.  Maybe the players, maybe the manager...maybe a bit of both.   Changes will have to be made.

Arfield was my MOTM.  He looked like he cared, at least.

2 minutes ago, ranger_syntax said:

Honestly not sure what your point is or if there is any relationship between your posts.

I'm saying they have produced some great results in Europe but they are not good enough to perform consistently in Scotland.

Not read through this thread but gonna put my opinion out on tonight's game. First half we didnt get in their faces, wasn't up to much and penalty kinda mucked us up a bit but second half I felt we gave them more of a game, beaten by a quality side and obviously a step too far.  Not too disappointed in team tonight considering how form has been of late, been a good run and should be proud of that. Seen a few fans slating team tonight, one saying it was embarrassing which I don't agree with, interested to see what the forums take on it is

1 hour ago, craig said:

Polster cost us the 3rd goal and gave it away needlessly a few times.  Hardly covered himself in glory when he came on.

Tavernier didn’t do much wrong tonight, at least defensively.  And offensively didn’t get much of a chance.

But some just have this want to throw him under the bus when it is unnecessary.

There was nothing coming from Tav all night bar that flank ... and there are some who see a player in there that he clearly isn't.

Polster cost us the 3rd goal ... yep, of course. :violin:

1 hour ago, DMAA said:

I actually thought Kamara did well in spells and was one of the better performers when we came back into it. 

He was our best midfielder tonight and I couldn't understand why he was hooked instead of Davis or Arfield, who did next to nothing all night bar chasing shadows or giving the ball away needlessly.

Aribo tried but shoehorning him into a left- or rightish attacking role that clearly ain't his did not help things. Again, BTW.

Edited by der Berliner

I chose to self isolate and not watch the match as soon as I saw the teamsheet again.  However, I think it is important to acknowledge that our run in Europe has been excellent and I've thoroughly enjoyed the journey.  I just wish we'd not imploded this year because it would have been great to have looked forward to this game.  Anyway, I know many like me will be fed up with the players and manager but let's give them the credit for achieving what they have done.  It's more than any of us could have expected in the Europa league.

7 hours ago, der Berliner said:

There was nothing coming from Tav all night bar that flank ... and there are some who see a player in there that he clearly isn't.

Polster cost us the 3rd goal ... yep, of course. :violin:

Aye, I reckon Craig hates Polster because of Brittany! Pictures of her placed all round his house. Maybe he is asking the servants if "they know a guy" who could do with the money......?. Seriously though, he did cost us the third goal, but I can't blame him the way Craig does as he was just on the park? 

10 hours ago, der Berliner said:

He was our best midfielder tonight and I couldn't understand why he was hooked instead of Davis or Arfield...

Davis never gets hooked, although he should have been on several occasions this season, it's always Kamara or Aribo.