[FT] Rangers 1 - 3 Bayer Leverkusen (Edmundson 75)

2 minutes ago, DMAA said:

Hagi has been excellent. it was a mistake not to start him, he brings so much quality to the side. 

Hindsight is a wonderful thing! I don't see why it is a mistake! none of the players have been playing well so the manager picks the team he thinks can win the match!.

• Frankie changed the title to [FT] Rangers 1 - 3 Bayer Leverkusen (Edmundson 75)
2 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

I don't think many fans really believed we would win this match/tie! different class of quality are Leverkusen

I certainly didn’t. It’s still been frustrating to watch at times. Really poor in the final third. On the other hand it was good to see a fight put up for a long spells of the second half and  three or four good performances. 

They're CL quality. None of us would confidently have bet on reaching this stage at the beginning so it's been a good run. And I still think we could have gone further with a kinder draw. They're capable of winning it.

Just now, ian1964 said:

Hindsight is a wonderful thing! I don't see why it is a mistake! none of the players have been playing well so the manager picks the team he thinks can win the match!.

It’s just my opinion. I think he’s twice the player Kent is and showed it when he came on. 

1 minute ago, DMAA said:

It’s just my opinion. I think he’s twice the player Kent is and showed it when he came on. 

Of course it's your opinion, just saying, everybody would pick a different team.

First European loss at home since 2011, we have done fantastic to get this far, I always believed it is a bonus to go so far, unfortunately our domestic form is so poor and that hurts more.

Despite a more spirited 2nd half showing, it looks like this season's Euro run has come to end tonight. Easy to be critical but this is a night to offer credit to our players and coaching staff after several first class results in the competition this year.

Ultimately, Leverkusen showed their quality whilst our lack of confidence was again evident too often against this class of opposition. Nevertheless, we gave a lot and I sincerely hope we take the positives from a European run we should be very proud of.

Fair result. Pass marks for Kamberi, Hagi, Kent. Deep negatives for Davis, Aribo,  Morelos. The rest merely ineffective. Season over, some highs, too many lows. Too many quitters, not enough warriors. Let’s hope we all survive to see a better Rangers next season.