All Rangers domestic fixtures likely to be postponed from this Monday

7 minutes ago, Gaffer said:

That's a bit dramatic.  I've heard the government say repeatedly that there is very little risk if you're attending large sporting events.  The only reason they want to stop

I take it you didn't watch Boris Johnson say "more families are going to lose loved ones" yesterday? Maybe try and keep up to date?

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/video/2020/mar/12/coronavirus-johnson-warns-many-more-families-are-going-to-lose-loved-ones-video?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

It's all about the forward infection from the people at large gatherings. As for the current advice, it's full of holes and hypocrisy. It's all about money and the economy more than health and lives.

Edited by cooponthewing

6 minutes ago, cooponthewing said:

I take it you didn't watch Boris Johnson say "more families are going to lose loved ones" yesterday? Maybe try and keep up to date?

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/video/2020/mar/12/coronavirus-johnson-warns-many-more-families-are-going-to-lose-loved-ones-video?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

It's all about the forward infection from the people at large gatherings. As for the current advice, it's full of holes and hypocrisy. It's all about money and the economy more than health and lives.

Quoting the Guardian?!?! ?????

Okay, cancelling gatherings of 500 or more isn't because of the danger the gatherings themselves bring for those present, it's to ease the burden on police and ambulance/hospital staff required to attend or deal with these events. While I'd have postponed all 500 plus gatherings before now I think it's unwise to shout conspiracy about it. Whatever your views on politicians let's give them the benefit of the doubt that they're following the best advice, rightly or wrongly. We're looking at 4 to 12 weeks of major disruption, almost certainly many of us will lose people we love in the coming weeks, perhaps this isn't the time for political point scoring. 

The thought that Celtic won't actually be given the title and that Dundee Utd won't get promotion is almost, almost, worth the pain of the last few months. If we don't finish the season, and I can't see how that'll be possible, the season has to be called void. I'd have no problem with them giving Celtic the Champion's League place as they're currently top and giving the Europa spots to us, Motherwell and Aberdeen, but there should be no title awarded in any division and no relegation or promotion. As painful as that might be for some clubs we're in unprecedented times and that calls for unprecedented measures. 

4 minutes ago, JohnMc said:

I'd have no problem with them giving Celtic the Champion's League place as they're currently top and giving the Europa spots to us, Motherwell and Aberdeen, but there should be no title awarded in any division and no relegation or promotion

I actually thought they might just revert to last season's European placings if the season was void?

It'll be interesting to see what happens.

JohnMc's post is pretty much spot on, except the bit about 'many of us' losing loved ones.  Keep the frail and elderly mainly in isolation, have people working from home, wherever possible and with the ceasing of large gatherings, I think most of us will emerge unscathed, with our relatives still here.

The yahoo reaction to not getting the title would doubtless be hilarious.

10 minutes ago, JohnMc said:

Whatever your views on politicians let's give them the benefit of the doubt that they're following the best advice, rightly or wrongly. We're looking at 4 to 12 weeks of major disruption, almost certainly many of us will lose people we love in the coming weeks, perhaps this isn't the time for political point scoring. 

GOOD POINT BUT I WILL FOCUS ON SELECTIVE QUOTATION FROM GUARDIAN ARTICLES INSTEAD.

celtic and Liverpool deserve their respective championships but  as pointed out relegation outcomes are not so clear nor promotions and play-off positions in lower leagues. Cancellation is the easiest answer. Rotten luck for Dundee United by the way and I’d be raging the other way round.

Should season ticket holders get a refund? I’m not but if I were, I’d just leave the money with the club.

I posted this before I read John Mc #33.

Edited by Scott7

20 minutes ago, cooponthewing said:

The same newspaper also reported that the United Kingdom government consider halting large sports events to be one of the least effective forms of action just now.

32 minutes ago, Gaffer said:

Like everyone on here, I'd find it hilarious if Celtic were denied their title, but they do deserve it.

You only deserve a league title when you complete a season and finish on top.

This has not happened yet.