All Rangers domestic fixtures likely to be postponed from this Monday

2 hours ago, ranger_syntax said:

NO!

To deserve it you need to complete the season.

I would contend that to deserve it you need to be mathematically impossible to catch.

22 minutes ago, Briton said:

I hope we keep our great co-efficient score and records from this years Europa Cup.  

That's what UEFA will be trying to work out at the moment before they concede that this year's competitions are over.  Equally, now that the game this weekend is postponed, I suspect the league is now over this season.  It'll now be interesting to see what they do about awarding the leagues to Liverpool and Celtic.

2 minutes ago, Gaffer said:

That's what UEFA will be trying to work out at the moment before they concede that this year's competitions are over.  Equally, now that the game this weekend is postponed, I suspect the league is now over this season.  It'll now be interesting to see what they do about awarding the leagues to Liverpool and Celtic.

If every runner in the grand national fell the winner would be decided by whomever remounted and finished the course no matter what the course and distance has to be completed there should be no difference in football  .

34 minutes ago, Briton said:

I hope we keep our great co-efficient score and records from this years Europa Cup.  

This is a point actually. If they scrap the whole years ties this could come back to be a concern..

Fwiw, i think if leagues a mathematically won they they should get the trophy.  Otherwsise its games a bogey and start again.

Poor dundee united eh. 

4 minutes ago, blueflag said:

This is a point actually. If they scrap the whole years ties this could come back to be a concern..

Fwiw, i think if leagues a mathematically won they they should get the trophy.  Otherwsise its games a bogey and start again.

Poor dundee united eh. 

Very rare for a league to be won mathematically (is there any other way ? ) at this stage of the season.   Poor Hearts too.

I have a solution to the problem though.  Input all results from 2019-20 into Football Manager and let the game decide.   They could stream the games live and we could all watch and continue to discuss The Rangers on the forums.   ?

29 minutes ago, Gaffer said:

I don't see how they can award trophies for some competitions and not others.  Is it even in UEFA's power to decide domestic issues?

28 minutes ago, Briton said:

I don't see how they can award trophies for some competitions and not others.  Is it even in UEFA's power to decide domestic issues?

No, it isn't.  I don't think Gaffer is suggesting that - depends on the way you read his post.

Coefficient points are awarded for games played already. I don’t see how they can or should be ‘unawarded’. 

Leagues are to be determined by games played in the future and won or lost when the season fixtures are complete. The only way celtic could be awarded the league is if they have already secured it which they haven’t and if exceptional rules are agreed by participants.  

If celtic were awarded it whilst not mathematically secured what happens with teams packed together in the relegation zone? You couldn’t just relegate the team at the bottom when the music stopped playing.

A football season is something with a beginning, middle and end over 9 odd months. Some teams do better at the beginning some in the middle and some at the end and must be given a chance to complete fixtures and amass as many points as possible. We could win our game in hand and beat celtic twice with 4 points remaining difference between the teams and 6 games unaccounted for in that calculation. 

If it can’t be completed with no clear winner obvious it must get binned. Sporting integrity and all that.