SPFL Season declaration challenged legally (ongoing discussion)

34 minutes ago, RANGERRAB said:

SPFL rules clearly states clubs SHALL play 38 games

Absolutely, therefore unless there was a contingency clause, that clubs agreed to,  stating that in the event of the season being cut short due to extraordinary circumstances the club with the most points at that point would be crowned champions, then I doubt it would be legally possible to do just that. 
There is no contingency clause and therefore the season must either be completed or be declared null and void. 
it doesn’t seem like there will be time to complete the season without disrupting season 20/21, so I’m convinced it will be null and void. No champions, no relegation, no promotion. 

And just to add, suggestions of expanding the league to 14 teams to avoid declaring relegation still doesn’t work because then you’d be discounting Dundee, Ayr, Dunfermline et al - who all have a chance of finishing runner’s up - and the same with all promotion hopefuls in the lower leagues. 
Season completion or null and void are the ONLY fair options. 

Agreed.  I'm hoping the bigger leagues make a null and void decision, which would make the Scottish football authorities look even more like a diddy, tin-pot set-up if they don't follow suit.

Have to say, I'd feel for genuine Liverpool supporters - that would be one Hell of a boot in the baws because their lead is unassailable.  Dundee United fans, on the other hand...?

When this season is formally cancelled I wonder how many clubs will collapse.  Perhaps this will be the final nail in the coffin for those who rely on our supporters to keep them afloat.  Maybe this will finally be the end of a lot of those horrid clubs that wanted to cut off their nose to spit even their face when they voted to send us down. I don't want any of them saved, unless their own supporters bail them out themselves.

What is much more worrying however is the thousands of businesses that will collapse if this panic continues.  It could end up with us facing a much bigger economic and social problem.  The media has a lot to answer for here, and of course it may then contribute to their collapse too.

I also wonder what is happening with the legal teams at the likes of BTsport, Sky, etc.  They've paid for a product that hasn't been delivered so will they attempt to recoup the money they've paid to the various leagues?  It wouldn't take much of a swing to cause collapse of some huge clubs in England, Spain, Italy, France and Germany.  Maybe the lack of television based funding could be a blessing in disguise for our league.

51 minutes ago, Gaffer said:

I also wonder what is happening with the legal teams at the likes of BTsport, Sky, etc.  They've paid for a product that hasn't been delivered so will they attempt to recoup the money they've paid to the various leagues?  It wouldn't take much of a swing to cause collapse of some huge clubs in England, Spain, Italy, France and Germany.  Maybe the lack of television based funding could be a blessing in disguise for our league.

Force majeure?