SPFL Season declaration challenged legally (ongoing discussion)

Currently, Kris Commons is appearing on Talksport, fully armed with prepared Holicom script.

He follows John Hartson, Chris Sutton, Scott Brown, Neil Lennon, .............................. etc.

When, I wonder is it Tom Boyd's turn? Further, has ra Sellik's internal investigation into Tom's tormented tongue concluded yet?

We should be told

The way I see it it is not a level playing field as all clubs have not played the same amount of games.If they had there might be a point to consider taking things as they stand and calling the league finished.

However that cannot be IMO.

8 minutes ago, MacK1950 said:

The way I see it it is not a level playing field as all clubs have not played the same amount of games.If they had there might be a point to consider taking things as they stand and calling the league finished.

However that cannot be IMO.

Unless the same amount of games they had played were 38 (ie ALL games) then taking things as they stand shouldn't be an option - with one other caveat being if it is mathematically impossible for the leaders to be caught and/or 2nd and 3rd bottom from being caught by bottom and 2nd bottom.

23 minutes ago, ChelseaBoy said:

There would be uproar if Liverpool were awarded the title down south even though they way in front.  

Yep. There would be Hell down South, if they do; and there will be seven degrees of Hell up here if they don't. 

I think I read somewhere that in Scotland there is a caveat somewhere in the rules which mentions an incomplete season giving them scope them to award prizes as it stands when it ends. And apparently they don't have that caveat in England.

I wish it were the other way around, in Scotland while it's probable the yahoos would have won anyway it's nowhere near as certain as Liverpool being champions in England if the season had completed.    

1 hour ago, PoohBear said:

Brilliant statement from us today.

Thought it was excellent too.... here it is in full, in case folks can't get access to the site (not usually done as we give the main site the hit) : 

https://rangers.co.uk/news/club/rangers-position-impact-of-coronavirus-on-scottish-football/

RANGERS are continuing to monitor the ongoing situation regarding Coronavirus and its impact on football at all levels.

I reiterate Steven Gerrard’s comments this morning that football is secondary to the health and well-being of the citizens of the United Kingdom. Life is precious and as a society, we must endeavour to do everything we can to protect the most vulnerable in our community. As a club, we will continue to follow government guidelines and advice relating to the health and safety of all members of staff.

It is our firm view that this season’s league competition (2019/20) is only complete when all 38 games are played by all teams.  For the avoidance of doubt, we believe that final standings can only be confirmed when all games have been completed, not before. Any attempt to finish the season with a significant amount of games still to play, impacts upon the integrity of sport in Scotland. 

Furthermore, we are strongly opposed to playing games behind closed doors. Rangers fans have stuck by our club in the darkest of times. Their loyalty will not be forgotten and they will not be left behind. 

We are cognisant of the uncertainty surrounding the future of many businesses and peoples jobs because of a potential lengthy extended break. We must be mindful that football goes well beyond the result of a match. Football brings us all together, it provides countless people with a livelihood and we will work to ensure no one runs roughshod over people’s lives.

We will continue to maintain a watchful eye on the decisions of footballs governing bodies. Let me reassure the fans that we will not be found wanting in this situation.

Rangers FC Managing Director, Stewart Robertson