SPFL Season declaration challenged legally (ongoing discussion)

35 minutes ago, Tannochsidebear said:

If Mr Robertson is not to be found wanting in this regard, it will be for the first time. I will believe it when I see it.

The worrying thing in this respect is it may not now be possible for Mr Robertson to show strength if those he has to contend with have already concluded that he's an easy touch.

It looks increasingly like the next several months are going to hold brutal consequences for a lot of people and that the notion of a normal season 2020-21 is as unlikely as expecting this season can ever be completed. Either the football authorities are completely out of touch with what's going on in the world or, as usual, they're waiting for someone else to take the decision out of their hands. It seems to me the need to limit social gatherings isn't just going to last until the end of this season but could still be in place well after next season is due to start.

On 17/03/2020 at 00:10, Bill said:

The worrying thing in this respect is it may not now be possible for Mr Robertson to show strength if those he has to contend with have already concluded that he's an easy touch.

Mr. Robertson is more or less the public face of the club in this respect. I doubt he will be the only driving force in this.

Has there been any suggestion how much the break will cost the clubs individually or leagues as a whole?

As has been said elsewhere, the lower league clubs had their blue-golden years inbetween 2012 and our return to the top flight. Probably got more from our visits than what the SFL were able or the SPFL are willing to give. You would have hoped that most used that money well. Maybe UEFA, with all their money ladden competitions, should help their member leagues in situations like this, i.e. handing money to the members every season for safety purposes from their TV/media/advertising income.

4 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

Mr. Robertson is more or less the public face of the club in this respect. I doubt he will be the only driving force in this.

Has there been any suggestion how much the break will cost the clubs individually or leagues as a whole?

As has been said elsewhere, the lower league clubs had their blue-golden years inbetween 2012 and our return to the top flight. Probably got more from our visits than what the SFL were able or the SPFL are willing to give. You would have hoped that most used that money well. Maybe UEFA, with all their money ladden competitions, should help their member leagues in situations like this, i.e. handing money to the members every season for safety purposes from their TV/media/advertising income.

As many others have said recently .... fuck the rest of the premier league clubs and Dundee Utd too. I hope the damage is deep and lasting. I'd give them as much help as they gave us when we needed it. As for the lower leagues, we did our bit for them as you say. The only thing I care about is that Rangers survives intact through this crisis and that we're in a position to hit the ground running when things restart. So far Robertson hasn't come across as particularly impressive as an MD but it might just be that he's a better manager than a leader. Hopefully the wider team running the club will see us through this.

Lawwell said: "I know you will be very aware of the continuing developments in respect of the COVID-19 crisis. Clearly for some time now, the club has been monitoring the situation closely and, of course, its potential impact on our supporters, our colleagues and our organisation.

"We continue to do this, and through daily executive management briefings we are doing all we can to play our part in tackling the spread of this virus.
"This is a worrying time for us all. In such a difficult situation for everyone concerned, above all, the health and well-being of people is of paramount importance. I would like to thank all our staff for their ongoing commitment and professionalism in very challenging circumstances, and I thank our fans for their understanding and tremendous ongoing support and engagement.
"We all continue to navigate our way through these unprecedented times with continued teamwork and support for each other. We urge all our colleagues and supporters to do all they can to stay safe at this time.
"With regard to the present domestic Premiership League situation, our strong preference is, of course, to complete all remaining matches. To date, we have had a magnificent campaign, undefeated in this calendar year, completing 30 league matches already to create a commanding lead and we are now on the cusp of winning our ninth successive title.
"As many have already said, the season cannot be voided as the consequences of that are so severe. In the event that the matches cannot be completed, then the responsibility to find a fair and reasonable solution for the finalisation of all domestic leagues will be with the Scottish football governing bodies.
READ MORE
Coronavirus Grips Scottish Football

"We hope that the governing bodies are able to provide some clarity to clubs and supporters as soon as possible on the way forward, although we appreciate that this is a hugely demanding time.
"During such a difficult period, we also extend our thoughts to all other football clubs who are affected by these events and facing such uncertainty. We realise the hugely damaging effect these circumstances will have on clubs of all sizes across Scotland, Europe and beyond.
"The health of everyone in football and society is always the priority, but we hope clubs find a way through these testing times and ensure that the game we all love can thrive again as soon as possible."
Lawwell also addressed the Celtic support directly, confirming the club were setting aside resources to help those affected by the pandemic.
Supporters should wait for an official, detailed announcement from the club in due course, with Lawwell committing to "as much as we possibly can".

He added: "Everyone at Celtic Football Club and Celtic FC Foundation is aware of how Coronavirus is impacting on our communities. We are pleased to announce today that we are putting resources in place with the aim of helping the most vulnerable in our society during this period and we will make an announcement shortly with regards to these plans. Our aim is to do as much as we possibly can to help those in need.
"We know Celtic supporters are famous for their spirit of solidarity and togetherness. We understand that this is a hugely difficult situation for everyone across the globe, but by working together we know we can overcome these challenges.
Click to find out more about a new promotion
Don't miss this content from our sponsor

"While this is a situation which is developing constantly, we will continue to keep our supporters updated as much as we possibly can. We thank you for your continued support, we wish you and your families well and we look forward to you being back with us as soon as possible.
"With sincere best wishes from everyone at Celtic Football Club."