SPFL Season declaration challenged legally (ongoing discussion)

10 minutes ago, buster. said:

What about a 5-a-side challenge match down at the Pitz.

There should be a few with time on their hands, What about a line-up of....

Shifty

The Overweight Lawyer ******

Teflon

The Dundee CEO

Eric Drysdale

against a Celtic V

***** Ineligible. Already signed for selic. So’s shifty if I think about it.

The SPFL will have their own legal opinion and it may well be different to that of Partick Thistle.

However, I think it very difficult for the SPFL to contemplate the courts at this juncture and circumstance.

Damage limitation would almost certainly include a willingness to reconstruct the Leagues so no team is relegated.

In so doing they will limit opposition in terms of numbers.

The individuals may try and weather the storm, push Teflon or Shifty and hope it appeases the rest.

In such a situation, It´d be up to us to go for the throat (whistleblower evidence?) but it´s not good not to have many friends in the media.

Edited by buster.

28 minutes ago, Frankie said:

Rangers quite right to stand back for now.  Let others have their say then we can show our hand if required.

I agree Frankie.  I was concerned that we would receive no support from any clubs if the issue of funding was not possible to resolve.  Now that there is an immediate alternative (i.e. these loans), I'd expect all clubs to ease their immediate concern and then more of them will support our call for an inquiry.

I read PTFC's legal opinion.  The one part that didn't stack up for me was their point about Dundee's vote continuing to count.  I thought at first that this was weak because Dundee could change it to yes.  However, their opinion seems to suggest that if an earlier deadline was implied which any reasonable person would believe (i.e. The 5pm) deadline, then this is binding.  Actually that has precedent so this could provide them with all the ammo they need to gain an interim interdict.  I wonder if that's just pushes all clubs to use the loan route which was proposed by Rangers.

All fascinating stuff and great that Rangers are now able to keep their powder dry.

Edited by Gaffer

35 minutes ago, Scott7 said:

***** Ineligible. Already signed for selic. So’s shifty if I think about it.

They´d be using the Celtic Away Kit and playing against the Hooped first team V.

Breaking: The daughter of Peter Lawwell is to be phsyio for both teams.

(got a internship or similar at Harper and McLeod back in the day)

Further Breaking News

Lawwell has withdrawn the Celtic team for the match and Shifty´s V are now in contract negoitiations for a fixture against a Peado All Star V whose link with the Hoops that they will wear is apparently something to do with Sporting Lisbon (according to a Celtic PLC statement)

Edited by buster.

That is a really good, clear statement from the Jags, the synopsis of Counsels' opinions included. 

Point 2 is particularly interesting:

2. The original vote by Dundee FC was cast in line with the SPFL’s own rules and must stand, meaning that the resolution falls.

I have seen and heard some argument that DFC may withdraw its 'No' vote, as under the Companies Act this is allowed, while withdrawal of 'Yes' votes is not. 

The Jags' Counsels' view, however, is that the vote was a vote under SPFL Rules. Therein lies a stoater of an implication. 

Oh what a tangle web we weave, right enough. 

51zHOz7GUNL._AC_SL1200_.jpg

Blaser Suede Trousers Light Men Dark Brown Germany Men's

by Blaser

Price:£195.00 - £198.00

The view the vote is valid and counts is based on the rules apparantly. The same ones they tried to claim were valid on a yes vote, there isn article of association states a cast vote Isnt retractable.  (My take on reading it)

Dumbarton next with a statement saying they voted yes because they were told it was only way they could get money and need it! Hope we get even more clubs coming out now in support .

26 minutes ago, buster. said:

They´d be using the Celtic Away Kit and playing against the Hooped first team V.

Breaking: The daughter of Peter Lawwell is to be phsyio for both teams.

(got a internship or similar at Harper and McLeod back in the day)

Further Breaking News

Lawwell has withdrawn the Celtic team for the match and Shifty´s V are now in contract negoitiations for a fixture against a Peado All Star V whose link with the Hoops that they will wear is apparently something to do with Sporting Lisbon.

Peter is withdrawing ra Sellik team for a post season tour of Japan.

The Dundee statement out just now reads like ... we don't know and don't want to d anything ...

Following a weekend of discussion and contemplation, we would like to issue the following statement.

As we made clear in our statement on Friday afternoon, it is a time for integrity and impartiality within Scottish football. Our view on that has not changed.

Over the past few days, we have entered into various positive discussions with reconstruction at the forefront of these.

Given our discussions and considering all aspects, we don’t feel we are in a position to comment further on the resolution that was put forward.

We understand that this may bring more questions than answers and we will look to give a much more substantial account of the past few days at the conclusion of this process.

Our supporters should know that we are, as always, looking out for the best interests of both Dundee Football Club and Scottish football as a whole.

Edited by der Berliner

Well that was worth waiting for. Had all weekend to draft a statement and that's what they've came up with! 

Be interesting to hear if any other statement forthcoming from anyone after today's meeting?