SPFL Season declaration challenged legally (ongoing discussion)

We can but wait and hear what Rangers will make of it. Should we go against it, rest assured, we and only we will get the blame if any other club folds or gets into trouble, despite the fact that the SPFL can very well hand out money just now.

I think this is the most ive posted on message forums for a while. Stuck working hard at home but cant take my mind off this shit.

Just been thinking, UEFA come out and say you Have to finish your leagues our your no In europe and we do have to miracle find extra time in the calander to fit this in. Dundee will have voted today to voluntary end any hope of them even getting in playoffs, and as we all know reconstruction wont happen. I simply cannot fathom what had changed Dundee mind today? 

Celtic will not risk missing out on europe surley to take the 8.75. I just cant get my head around why they trying rush this though. I mean let's be honest we weren't fucking stopping the 9 anyway 

2 minutes ago, Waltersgotstyle said:

The SPFL have made themselves a laughing stock

The big problem is ... the world will not care. Scottish football is insignificant even on a bright day without war, Corona et al. What happens in that dark place behind Hadrian`s Wall where males run about in skirts is of no concern to anyone. And in 3 months time, no-one will care anyway.

UNLESS ... someone takes the SPFL to court over this and attracts worldwide interest (albeit diminished by the tragedy goin on out there). UEFA may take note though and does not like associations in legal quarrells.

1 hour ago, ranger_syntax said:

It was not the clubs who lied about how the S.P.F.L. can distribute funds.

Dundee didn't lie ?  That's news to me.

They all could have made their feelings known when they found out that funds COULD be distributed.  Instead of opting for doing the right thing... "integrity" to use a well versed term.... they opted for "financial expediency".

Best interests of the game ?  Utter pish.

1 hour ago, blueflag said:

Is it not also the case reconstruction will need an 11-1 vote. Now, ok Budge will be for sure fighting for the move but will kilmarnock. Hamilton. St mirren etc all want to have even less of the pot. I dont think for a second they will be able to push that though. It's all going to get even more inner fighting I think .

I suspect that Dundee will have found that they voted yes and got stiffed for their trouble.  Likewise, so too will Hearts.  because you are right, they won't vote to lose a home game against us and Celtic, all to be replaced with  home game against, say, Dundee.

1 hour ago, ranger_syntax said:

Yeah and after all that time they are all still with us and paying the bills.

When fans think about boycotts they are gripped by the idiotic fantasy that other clubs will come begging to us before bankruptcy.

The truth is that the other clubs will cut their cloth to fit and you will all be handing your money over to the B.B.C. Chris Sutton and Andy Walker instead.

Their product drastically diminished in that time.  When we came back up their product hasn't increased a great deal - and you are also ignoring the effects that COVID will undoubtedly have on their financial structure - to then not take away tickets would hurt them even further.