SPFL Season declaration challenged legally (ongoing discussion)

The league was always going to be called, we´ve pretty much known that for ages.

As far as that goes, it´s about discrediting the award so it is generally accepted that Celtic don´t move onto to 9 this season.

We couldn´t get that right either. We had Alastair Johnson come out in the DR article talking about 8 and an half,...two or three weeks after a more subtle drip, drip approach should have been taken using ex-players, friends in the game and pushing it every 2 or 3 days.

It doesn't matter what we say, in real terms.  They're going to be recognised as champions and any complaining we do will be viewed by the rest of Scottish football as the actions of sore losers.

The problems we face are bigger than this season's league and if we don't have some pretty good evidence of wrongdoing having occurred, we won't be winning the battle or war anytime soon.

Is there anyone dishonest enough to say we wouldn't want the title awarded to us if we were currently points ahead of Celtic? The truth is we performed on the park like donkeys since New Year and the outrage at the undoubted SPFL is essentially because we are grasping at straws to prevent Celtic having 9 titles in a row. 

We'll see if Rangers has anything that will set the SPFL back on its heels. I hope they do but it won't have any bearing on Celtic being gifted their 9 in a row. 

5 minutes ago, Bill said:

Is there anyone dishonest enough to say we wouldn't want the title awarded to us if we were currently points ahead of Celtic? The truth is we performed on the park like donkeys since New Year and the outrage at the undoubted SPFL is essentially because we are grasping at straws to prevent Celtic having 9 titles in a row. 

We'll see if Rangers has anything that will set the SPFL back on its heels. I hope they do but it won't have any bearing on Celtic being gifted their 9 in a row. 

Maybe I'm old school and maybe I'm in a minority of one, but no, I wouldn't want the title handed to us (unless it was mathematically impossible for anyone to catch us).

32 minutes ago, Bill said:

Oh really, you didn't know all of that years ago? Are you seriously saying the most important aspect of this is that the SPFL is behaving as it always has done? Save the indignation.

I couldn't give a shit if Celtic lift the league trophy. I only care that we didn't. If we had, none of this would worry any of us.

No, it's the fact that the leagues have not been completed and titles are won on the pitch, not in am office or a Skype call, or a rigged vote.

Not ignorant or indigent of the corrupt SPFL, seen it in 2008 and 2012, just fucked off with it and rolling over and getting our bellies tickled (let's build bridges, really??).

The whole thing is a shambles and I hope we make the challenge to the bending and distorting of the SPFL rules and that we do not embarrass ourselves.

The only way the decision made would have any credibility would be if,in each division,if all teams had played the same amount of games therefore taking away the games in hand situation.

At the moment I am giving serious consideration to giving up my season ticket IF the Gers Board make a monumental cock-up after their claims.

Scottish football faces one final sweat before SPFL can dish out £9.3m money pot to clubs

Any legal challenge before 10am on Thursday could result in cash being blocked from being released.

• 22:45, 15 APR 2020

Scottish football faces one final 24-hour sweat before the SPFL can begin dishing out the cash payments which will help it survive the coronavirus crisis.

A total of £9.3million of crucial prize money was finally unlocked yesterday when Dundee flipped sides and voted through a raft of emergency measures, just as Record Sport revealed they would on Tuesday morning.

But, although league bosses now have enough backing to effectively end the current season and start distributing funds, we understand the proposals could still be blocked if a legal challenge is made before 10am on Thursday when the cash is to be released.

Partick Thistle have already threatened to take it to the courts after they were relegated from the Championship as part of the proposals which will also see Stranraer sent down to the fourth tier UNLESS league reconstruction can be rushed through the rule book in time for the start of next season.

Hearts owner Ann Budge - whose club will also face the drop by the end of this month - and Les Gray of Hamiltin have been appointed to head up a task force and charged with the responsibility of thrashing out a new look league set-up which would win the approval of the overwhelming majority of Scotland’s 42 clubs.

Plans will now be discussed to create a new 14 or even a 16 team top flight and sources believe there is a prevailing mood to rush to an agreement.

But, while the SPFL hope this will help to convince Thistle to back down, there remains the possibility that an interim interdict could be lodged at the Court of Session between now and tomorrow morning, which would freeze all emergency pay outs for months – and send tens of clubs to the wall.

A source said: “That’s the final hurdle that the SPFL has to get across. If Thistle or anyone else for that matter feel strongly enough then the legal route would be open to them until 10am on Friday when the money will be deposited to clubs around the country.

“Let’s just say there will be some people on the sixth floor of Hampden and beyond who will be crossing their fingers and holding their breath until the money starts dropping into the accounts of our clubs.

“But the hope is that all the disharmony we have seen over the last couple of weeks - or at least most of it - was ended yesterday by Dundee’s vote.

“It’s been a messy, heated affair and the SPFL will have to look back when this is all over to learn from the mistakes it has made and understand what changes can be made to the rules so that Scottish football is not placed in a situation such as this again god forbid it is ever faced with a similar set of circumstances to those which have been presented by this global pandemic.”

Dundee’s yes vote was cast just moments before yesterday’s 5pm SPFL board meeting and five days after last Friday’s deadline.

As a result -0 and with immediate effect - Tayside rivals Dundee United were crowned champions of the Championship, Raith Rovers have been awarded the League One title and Cove Rangers have clinched League Two.

SPFL chief executive Neil Doncaster said: “Prior to this positive result, we were unable to make the vital end-of-season payments, which will provide a lifeline to so many clubs in the lower divisions. From our detailed discussions with clubs, many were facing an enormous cash-flow crisis. We have moved as quickly as possible to try to resolve this unprecedented situation.

“We’ve achieved the 75% agreement threshold in the Ladbrokes Premiership, Championship and Leagues 1 and 2 and will now be working as quickly as we can to get the end-of-season payments to members in the three lower divisions by the end of this week.”

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/scottish-football-faces-one-final-21874172?2

There's a big difference between what happened in 2008/12 and now.  At least years ago they tried to hide the corruption and bribery.  These days it's just so blatant.  They don't care anymore because they know they can get away with it now that everyone in a position of power is controlled.

I don't give a damn about the title.  We lost that by the end of January.  What concerns me is that we will never be allowed to win another one so long as they can get away with what they want.  I can't see how we will ever have a level playing field.  I'm trying to be optimistic, but every time there's light at the end of the tunnel, it turns out to be a train heading straight for us.

I wish the current board had a silver bullet but they don't.  I doubt they've really got any evidence which is strong enough to remove the main culprits so we are now facing further years of this.  That's not the fault of our board though.  I just hope however they take a stand and refuse all away tickets from now on.  That is something that's becoming increasingly important to me.  If our fans can't be trusted to boycott these clubs (which they can't) I'd like the club to take action.  That will make more enemies but how can it possibly be worse than it is at the moment?

One thing is for sure and that is that clubs will collapse next season.  I expect many larger clubs to collapse first.  I just hope our fans stick with our club though because every club in the world is vulnerable at the moment.  Our club needs us more than ever right now.

13 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

Scottish football faces one final sweat before SPFL can dish out £9.3m money pot to clubs

Any legal challenge before 10am on Thursday could result in cash being blocked from being released.

• 22:45, 15 APR 2020

Scottish football faces one final 24-hour sweat before the SPFL can begin dishing out the cash payments which will help it survive the coronavirus crisis.

A total of £9.3million of crucial prize money was finally unlocked yesterday when Dundee flipped sides and voted through a raft of emergency measures, just as Record Sport revealed they would on Tuesday morning.

But, although league bosses now have enough backing to effectively end the current season and start distributing funds, we understand the proposals could still be blocked if a legal challenge is made before 10am on Thursday when the cash is to be released.

Partick Thistle have already threatened to take it to the courts after they were relegated from the Championship as part of the proposals which will also see Stranraer sent down to the fourth tier UNLESS league reconstruction can be rushed through the rule book in time for the start of next season.

Hearts owner Ann Budge - whose club will also face the drop by the end of this month - and Les Gray of Hamiltin have been appointed to head up a task force and charged with the responsibility of thrashing out a new look league set-up which would win the approval of the overwhelming majority of Scotland’s 42 clubs.

Plans will now be discussed to create a new 14 or even a 16 team top flight and sources believe there is a prevailing mood to rush to an agreement.

But, while the SPFL hope this will help to convince Thistle to back down, there remains the possibility that an interim interdict could be lodged at the Court of Session between now and tomorrow morning, which would freeze all emergency pay outs for months – and send tens of clubs to the wall.

A source said: “That’s the final hurdle that the SPFL has to get across. If Thistle or anyone else for that matter feel strongly enough then the legal route would be open to them until 10am on Friday when the money will be deposited to clubs around the country.

“Let’s just say there will be some people on the sixth floor of Hampden and beyond who will be crossing their fingers and holding their breath until the money starts dropping into the accounts of our clubs.

“But the hope is that all the disharmony we have seen over the last couple of weeks - or at least most of it - was ended yesterday by Dundee’s vote.

“It’s been a messy, heated affair and the SPFL will have to look back when this is all over to learn from the mistakes it has made and understand what changes can be made to the rules so that Scottish football is not placed in a situation such as this again god forbid it is ever faced with a similar set of circumstances to those which have been presented by this global pandemic.”

Dundee’s yes vote was cast just moments before yesterday’s 5pm SPFL board meeting and five days after last Friday’s deadline.

As a result -0 and with immediate effect - Tayside rivals Dundee United were crowned champions of the Championship, Raith Rovers have been awarded the League One title and Cove Rangers have clinched League Two.

SPFL chief executive Neil Doncaster said: “Prior to this positive result, we were unable to make the vital end-of-season payments, which will provide a lifeline to so many clubs in the lower divisions. From our detailed discussions with clubs, many were facing an enormous cash-flow crisis. We have moved as quickly as possible to try to resolve this unprecedented situation.

“We’ve achieved the 75% agreement threshold in the Ladbrokes Premiership, Championship and Leagues 1 and 2 and will now be working as quickly as we can to get the end-of-season payments to members in the three lower divisions by the end of this week.”

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/scottish-football-faces-one-final-21874172?2

Oops, Klacksons wrong again. SPFL as indicated in emails to Rangers  can give out loans against prize money. 

So if someone (please please please) takes out an injunction stopping payouts SPFL clubs can simply request loans from the SPFL. PTFC have already asked for this in a previous statement and are yet to be answered as far as I am aware.

It's as if he's trying to stop someone taking out an injunction - wonder who gave him that idea and the wording for the article?