SPFL Season declaration challenged legally (ongoing discussion)

21 minutes ago, buster. said:

Naw, your memory fails you. You seem to enjoy a scrap,  JFK was the last one I remember.

My politics/opinion differs from the majority, so it figures I´ll be involved in many such exchanges.   

I gave Douglas Park and indeed the whole approach the benefit of the doubt up until yesterday when it became clear to me we had been too easily out manouvered and the Howitzer statement was more airpistol regards it´s substance. If this suddenly takes a 180º turn, I´ll gladly await your reminder.

We haven´t had a blinder played against us. They´ve (SPFL) been clumsy and made it only too apparent why they already have a poor reputation. Read Uillaem´s post an hour or so ago for more detail on immediate consequences, he put´s it much better than I can.

The endgame here for who is in control of the game is full blown Espanyolification and it´s looking more likely with every passing year.

lol.  So let me get this straight, you gave him the benefit of the doubt until it became clear to you.... is he supposed to have some crystal ball that you and I don't have ?  You play it the way you see best, which is what he has done.  There is absolutely NO WAY you can foresee being outmaneuvered when so many are willing participants in that process.

You continually talk as if you knew all along what should have taken place but always with hindsight as your friend - something that Park and the rest of the management at Rangers don't have the luxury of.

Not only that, but you haven't seen sight of what evidence he does, or doesn't, have - so your "howitzer to pistol" comparison may be a little premature.  It might be spot on, but you have absolutely zero way of knowing that.

40 minutes ago, craig said:

It was a concerted campaign from Celtic and its fans, collectively, which changed the way games were officiated.  There was a quantum shift from refs being impartial to, whenever there was a decision to be made, they would likely be pro-Celtic and, since our return, anti-Rangers.

winning on the field when handicapped is going to be very difficult.

whilst I’d never want to be like Tims, we need to find a way to highlight the lack of refereeing impartiality and force change, whatever that may be.

a level playing field is all I’d ask for.  We don’t have it.

I don´t buy into blaming the refs.

Bottomline, our players haven´t been good enough and/or haven´t been able to hold their bottle at important junctures.

The other important aspect is squad strength, that is what tends to win titles.

Things have steadily improved under SG but since the turn of the year the team fell off a cliff,... which makes you ask why ?

19 minutes ago, craig said:

lol.  So let me get this straight, you gave him the benefit of the doubt until it became clear to you.... is he supposed to have some crystal ball that you and I don't have ?  You play it the way you see best, which is what he has done.  There is absolutely NO WAY you can foresee being outmaneuvered when so many are willing participants in that process.

You continually talk as if you knew all along what should have taken place but always with hindsight as your friend - something that Park and the rest of the management at Rangers don't have the luxury of.

Not only that, but you haven't seen sight of what evidence he does, or doesn't, have - so your "howitzer to pistol" comparison may be a little premature.  It might be spot on, but you have absolutely zero way of knowing that.

Stay Calm and breath !

When you are at that paygrade so to speak you need to be able to have a degree of foresight (you might not always get it 100% right). You certainly shouldn´t be continually repeating the same mistakes.

After the Partick Thistle legal opinion was made public, it didn´t take rocket science to see what the SPFL would do (go back on this thread and you´ll see what I wrote/ below) and for us, it all depended on what evidence we had.

I was optimistic at first but that as I said was down to giving Douglas Park and the approach in general the benefit of the doubt. Do you really think we still hold an ace and are waiting for the right time ? We´ve seen this story unfold too many times and know the ending only too well. I only hope I´m wrong and you can trample all over me.

The SPFL will have their own legal opinion and it may well be different to that of Partick Thistle.

However, I think it very difficult for the SPFL to contemplate the courts at this juncture and circumstance.

Damage limitation would almost certainly include a willingness to reconstruct the Leagues so no team is relegated.

In so doing they will limit opposition in terms of numbers.

The individuals may try and weather the storm, push Teflon or Shifty and hope it appeases the rest.

In such a situation, It´d be up to us to go for the throat (whistleblower evidence?) but it´s not good not to have many friends in the media.

Edited by buster.

4 hours ago, ian1964 said:

All well and good on a level playing field, which we don't have and haven't for some time now! if this just passes as it seems to be, then we will just continue to get shafted I'm afraid.

then we will just have to beat them and all the rest on the field of play 

22 minutes ago, buster. said:

Bottomline, our players haven´t been good enough and/or haven´t been able to hold their bottle at important junctures.

The other important aspect is squad strength, that is what tends to win titles.

Things have steadily improved under SG but since the turn of the year the team fell off a cliff,... which makes you ask why ?

It isn't blaming the refs though.

What it IS, is a recognition that we haven't been good enough but, at the same time, recognizing that we are being refereed to a different standard - of that there can be little doubt, surely ?  It is about recognizing, and challenging, "honest mistakes" which most certainly haven't "evened themselves out over a season" - and strangely enough, the honest mistakes have increased against us since we actually looked like we were closer to Celtic.

It is asking for a level playing field, which isn't happening presently.  We shouldn't be meekly surrendering and going "Oh well" when, for example, a referee awards a FK outside the box and then post game recognizes it was a penalty and apologizes - allowing everyone to go "well he apologized so lets just move on".  Gerrard has been very good with the media but this is one area I believe he has fallen short.

Squad strength absolutely.  We have also suffered from injuries to pivotal players, most notably Ryan Jack and, to a lesser extent, Arfield.  Suspension (FFS Alfredo :D) has also hurt us.  We have a starting XI capable of challenging, but when one or two important players are out we start to struggle.  I don't mind that we use the same style but that style paid most dividends when we applied a high press - it is the application of the system that has been found wanting IMO.

As good a player as Defoe is, when Morelos is either suspended or off-form we have no replacement of suitable standard - or.... if we use Defoe we need to have someone alongside him - he cant play the lone striker nearly as effectively as Morelos.  Which is where depth comes in.

Trying to be optimistic though.... we don't make much money from gameday profits so we hopefully aren't hurting too much just now.  Celtic not sure about game day revenues, but their wage bill is based upon CL qualification - if they don't make CL they have to sell a player - right now, one has to consider that market values will drop considerably - so hopefully one of the fall outs of COVID is that they are negatively impacted far more seriously than we are.

One can but hope 

32 minutes ago, buster. said:

Take it you don't attend many games as it has been blatantly obvious  three in particular seem to have the problem namely The Hobbit/Beaton and Clancy the latter being the worst.

3 hours ago, ian1964 said:

I wonder what punishment he will receive for that?

That would sum things up nicely. Bonus on top of Doncaster’s 388k salary for presiding over a corrupt organisation, fine for those who point out the corruption. 

20 minutes ago, MacK1950 said:

Take it you don't attend many games as it has been blatantly obvious  three in particular seem to have the problem namely The Hobbit/Beaton and Clancy the latter being the worst.

You´ll always get some decisions go against you but I would say we have had a little more than our fair share this season and cite Clancy as clearly the worst. The OF game at New Year we did the business despite of Clancy because we were good enough and simply better.

What I would say is Morelos gets refed and treated very differently but at the same time when you know that he has to reign in the red mist. He was doing it up until December before going walkabout again.

We also get some decisions go for us

I recall a week when one week we get the Morelos offside goal at Hearts and the next we lose a Lafferty goal at Dens park for an incorrect offside.

Bottomline

Our squad wasn´t strong enough to get through January and then christ knows what got to the players (Braga aside) but it wasn´t bad or dishonest referring.

Edited by buster.

So PTFC are out, can't "afford" to take legal action at this time and don't want to "stop monies going to other clubs" (when will this lie stop?). 

Wanting to put whole sorry affair behind them and look forward and not backwards. 

Shitbags or been nobbled? 

https://mobile.twitter.com/partickthistle/status/1250792821709328388?s=12