SPFL Season declaration challenged legally (ongoing discussion)

46 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

I think clubs are contractually obliged to take a percentage of tickets.

I don't think we are. I think the host club is obliged to offer them, that's all. I think what we cannot do as a club is tell our fans directly not to attend - but I could be wrong about that.

18 minutes ago, Bill said:

I don't think we are. I think the host club is obliged to offer them, that's all.

Might be the case.  I was going more on something I had heard than facts.  

Surely all contracts will have to be renegotiated if league reconstruction occurs anyway...

7 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Might be the case.  I was going more on something I had heard than facts.  

Surely all contracts will have to be renegotiated if league reconstruction occurs anyway...

Yes but all clubs will be obliged to sign the same contract and it won't be Rangers that writes it

Edited by Bill

We should send a courier round with a notice of legal proceedings if we don't get an independent enquiry at 9am, he could also deliver our application for a loan. Imagine we tied them up for months and they still had to loan every club their own monies.

1 hour ago, Gonzo79 said:

I think clubs are contractually obliged to take a percentage of tickets.

But you can give them back if you don’t sell them, no ?  Take them and then don’t even offer them for sale

First comes disbelief, quickly followed by anger and now I think you call this the bargaining stage.

Spoiler alert*

No boycott will ensue other than some individuals who will decide not to spend their hard earned cash on said tickets.

Edited by buster.

I´m going to re-post here something I typed on 26th´s PQ thread because looking at it, there is a significant overlap. Nor do I want to de-rail the PQ thread.

Context was conversation on the BeebScot Sportsound programme of last Saturday.

-------------------------

listened to the programme and it sounded to me as if the good guys had actually engineered a mini and temporary coup.

In other words, our much maligned PR wing recognised the importance of these 90 minutes (pretty much all stakeholders would be listening and it produces headlines) and decided to engineer a takeover of the narrative. We won this particular staging post but made the mistake of over-egging our particluar contribution, when I don´t think we needed to or was it wise to do so.

I fancy tomorrow will see another interesting programme and the SPFL will carefully be preparing the ground.

Our problem is we can´t contribute directly because of the situation between us and BeebScot. Sometimes you have to do unexpected things to catch the enemy off guard....Why not make a late request and send someone in to put our case forward, if it´s thought it could deliver enough benefit and we could satisfactorily answer the obvious question/attack that would come our way regards "whistleblower evidence".

--------------

This isn´t about changing the vote, that´s gone (unless legal challenge goes in sharpish and I´d rate that as doubtful).

It´s about pointing the finger at SPFL (as we are doing), holding them to account and ultimately forcing people out of their positions (the likes of Tom English and even Michael Stewart would find it difficult to rally against us regards that). Not to forget the campaign to discredit the inevitable award of the title.

We have ammo to use.

Simply, a comprehensive timeline of what we actually know plus Partick´s Legal Opinion.

Use it in a rational and calm manner looking for consensus.

---------------------

If you want different results,...do something different

Edited by buster.

13 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

So you want us to play nice with Pacific Quay?

Generally, that is what I´d call the predictable and customary reaction that helps ensure we stay on the same road that tuther side want us to be on.

I´m not saying this is a silver bullet, it´s just an idea.

Edited by buster.