SPFL Season declaration challenged legally (ongoing discussion)

'I AM INCREDULOUS'

Rangers vice-chairman John Bennett says SPFL reaction to dossier PROVES second probe is required

• Andy Devlin
  • 8 May 2020, 22:28
  • Updated: 8 May 2020, 22:31

JOHN BENNETT believes the reaction of the SPFL board to Rangers’ dossier only serves to prove an independent enquiry is needed.

Despite Gers being backed by a number of clubs, the SPFL have attempted to discredit their claims.

Ibrox vice-chairman Bennett said: “My reaction? I am incredulous. It seems they can’t help themselves.

“Every statement or comment from the SPFL raises more questions than answers. I’m even more convinced that an independent investigation is urgently required.”

The SPFL board have urged clubs to reject Gers’ call for a second probe into the voting row.

But Bennett said: “It is another example of such influence being accepted as normal within the SPFL.

“The cost of not asking these legitimate questions would prove altogether more punitive.

“It is ironic the SPFL are raising the question of cost when they initiated their own ‘independent’ investigation, the cost of which is apparently unknown even to the SPFL’s chief executive.”

Bennett also blasted the SPFL for accusing Gers chairman Douglas Park of making defamatory remarks against Neil Doncaster.

He added: “I found it telling that today was the first anyone had heard this allegation. Having spoken to Douglas, we can rest assured the allegation is unfounded.

“It’s ironic this allegation has been raised now given the fact the SPFL’s legal advisor went to such lengths to shut down the chairman of Rangers.”

Bennett, meanwhile, has backed Ibrox managing director Stewart Robertson amid claims he could be axed from the SPFL board.

He said: “We are fully supportive of Stewart and will continue to stand firm in the face of the unrelenting attacks on our managing director.

“It is ironic Rangers, and Stewart in particular, are being criticised for applying the SPFL’s own rules.

“We have followed every law, rule, policy and article to the letter.

“The fact the SPFL, particularly their chairman, see fit to ridicule Stewart is not the way a normally functioning organisation would conduct its business.”

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/5576400/rangers-bennett-spfl-reaction-probe/?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1588973592

Piling the pressure on with another factual and straight to the point statement. Following parts hit nail on the head ; 

"We have followed every law, rule, policy and article to the letter."

"If I were a member of that board front and centre of my mind right now would be my fiduciary duty. That fiduciary duty would compel me to push hard for an independent investigation. Indeed I'd be crying out for one." 

Any club that voted YES in the SPFL proposal and who is subsequently bleating about the lack of reconstruction can just GTF!!!  If they really thought that was going to happen then they're as unfit to run their clubs as the executives are at the SPFL.

This is an utter shambles.  Despite this, Rangers is under attack from the usual morons in the media.  Some of what they're writing is beyond belief to anyone outside of Scotland.  These guys are to blame for the state of our game, just as much as ND, RM and MM.  Time and time again they fail to play their role in presenting facts or even a rational opinion.