SPFL Season declaration challenged legally (ongoing discussion)

Kris Commons backs Rangers investigation call as Celtic hero pinpoints Neil Doncaster interview tipping point
The outspoken pundit reckons there are enough unanswered questions that a full investigation must take place.

Kris Commons has revealed he now backs Rangers ' call for an independent investigation into the SPFL due to the volume of "unanswered questions" surrounding eventsAn EGM vote will take place at 11am tomorrow where all 42 clubs will have their say on the conduct of the league body since the already infamous Good Friday disagreement.

The pundit has admitted he has done a 180-degree turn since initially feeling the Ibrox club were motivated by self-interest.

That change of heart has been provoked by the number of clubs coming forward in recent days to express serious concerns and his thoughts towards an interview conducted by Neil Doncaster on radio.

And Commons feels Rangers' offer to pay for the probe has removed the key obstacle preventing it from happening.

He wrote in the Daily Mail : "If I’m a club chairman tomorrow, there’s no doubt in my mind that I’ll be voting in favour of an independent investigation into the SPFL’s handling of the resolution to end leagues as they stood.

"I think there are now enough unanswered questions about the whole sorry episode. They are also being asked by enough different people.

"The fact Rangers are prepared to fund it removes one obstacle and also suggests they feel they will be vindicated. So there’s nothing to lose.

"When it all kicked off a few weeks back, I thought Rangers were only mouthing off because they didn’t get their way. I thought they should let it go.

"But the accusations have come thick and fast since. In the past week, we've heard Hearts, Partick Thistle, Inverness, Falkirk, Stranraer, Brora and Kelty all have their say.

"They all believe the way this affair has been handled hasn’t been so much mediocre as pathetic."

The former Celtic and Hibs midfielder admits that hearing SPFL chief executive Neil Doncaster 's radio interview on BBC Sportsound yesterday was the tipping point in his decision.

He added: "I was already swaying towards a fresh inquiry before I heard Neil Doncaster on the radio yesterday and that made my mind up.

"One of the first things he said was that the SPFL had done everything 100-per-cent professionally. But with his next breath, he admitted they’d made mistakes. So which is it? What mistakes were made? How big were they? I’d like to know this and I’m sure I’m not alone."

"For the game to move forward, there needs to be confidence in those running the game and, right now, we don’t have that.

"Throughout this, Doncaster has shown no leadership. From Scottish football’s perspective, zero positive has come out of this so far

Doncaster has been putting himself about with the gentlemen of the press.

As far as I can see, all he has done is use 'friendly' football writers armed -or pre-armed- with bars of soft soap, hoarded for such purpose, to iterate and reiterate the oxter guff from his recent pamperings on BBC Sportsound. 

One thing drew my attention: his prevarications and obfuscations concerning the potential £10M, or thereby, clawback, or claim, from SKY/BT/et alia for matches which are unlikely to take place. 

As I observed before, there seems to be something distictly murky about this matter. 

Hypothetically, in another world,

if you were a football club CEO, which would you choose

-a share of a £10M hit, or

-sole access to Champions League money, and associated and ancillary  revenues?

How far would you go to guarantee your choice?

Edited by Uilleam

42 minutes ago, CammyF said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/i/web/status/1259815604342722560

Neil, Neil, Neil..... keep digging pal 

He's either a perpetual liar (not a very good one) or grossly incompetent.  Either way he's got to go.  If any club votes against an inquiry they deserve to die off.  Incompetence/corruption is rife in our game.

Aberdeen statement - wasn't expecting this ;

Aberdeen Football Club will vote for the resolution at tomorrow’s SPFL EGM. Chairman, Dave Cormack, sets out the Club’s position.

“We reiterate our belief that an independent inquiry is the only way of drawing a line under what has become a highly damaging episode for the whole of Scottish football.

5 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

The statement from Dunfermline's pillock certainly puts them on the naughty list.

Aye, I bullied clubs but on behalf of DAFC not SPFL ?

Couldn't make it up.... 

Stenhousemuir, ICT, Kelty Hearts, Partick, Dunfermline, Clyde etc.. More statements and comments.

Let's see what happens tomorrow in person ... and with some consequence.

Good that they will have a video gathering, else we might witness a  Red Wedding ...