SPFL Season declaration challenged legally (ongoing discussion)

How does todays vote work? Is it a case of each club submitting their vote to the SPFL again?

If so that needs an independent third party to view the votes. Its crazy to send in the vote to one of the parties that is involved in the subject matter. There has to be transparency in this one.  

9 hours ago, barca72 said:

In that case then Celtic should vote for the II.
They could even, in a magnanimous gesture to show their passion and concern for Scottish football, offer to share the cost of the II with Rangers.
(It's great what an active imagination during lockdown can create.)?

Celtc need it more than anyone. They are about to be gifted a title. If that process reeks they will never be accepted as champions. 

Today's vote is really just about due process.  We will not get our inquiry as a result of this vote, and in fact I'll be surprised if we even get 20% of clubs voting for it.  The clubs know who runs Scottish football and are living in fear of consequences.  Having said this, we must go through the process before we can take it through the inevitable legal process.  That will take time unfortunately but we must do it.

There are a few interesting things that may come out of the vote however ...

1.  At what point does it become obvious that Doncaster has to go?  If 20% of clubs vote for this, is that enough to warrant his resignation?  30%?

2.  The noise will not go away and will only intensify regardless of the outcome, so what will the next steps be?  Will individual clubs take their own legal routes or will they band together?

3.  Rangers must take a stand after this.  I mentioned earlier about clubs fearing the consequences of voting against Celtic, err I mean the SPFL.  There must also be consequences for them mistreating us constantly and that has to be in the form of ticket sales.  We must NOT take tickets at these clubs and the club could help this effort.

4.  Will the SPFL immediately then seek to hand the title to Celtic?  I fully expect this to be their next move.  In fact I expect this to happen within days of the vote.  They will do it after "receiving the support from its members" and certainly before the legal process makes it difficult.  As soon as they've been handed the title I'm sure Peter will be looking for his next puppet as Neil Doncaster will have served his purpose.

20 minutes ago, Gaffer said:

Today's vote is really just about due process.  We will not get our inquiry as a result of this vote, and in fact I'll be surprised if we even get 20% of clubs voting for it.  The clubs know who runs Scottish football and are living in fear of consequences.  Having said this, we must go through the process before we can take it through the inevitable legal process.  That will take time unfortunately but we must do it.

1.  At what point does it become obvious that Doncaster has to go?  If 20% of clubs vote for this, is that enough to warrant his resignation?  30%?

2.  The noise will not go away and will only intensify regardless of the outcome, so what will the next steps be?  Will individual clubs take their own legal routes or will they band together?

3.  Rangers must take a stand after this.  I mentioned earlier about clubs fearing the consequences of voting against Celtic, err I mean the SPFL.  There must also be consequences for them mistreating us constantly and that has to be in the form of ticket sales.  We must NOT take tickets at these clubs and the club could help this effort.

4.  Will the SPFL immediately then seek to hand the title to Celtic?  I fully expect this to be their next move.  In fact I expect this to happen within days of the vote.  They will do it after "receiving the support from its members" and certainly before the legal process makes it difficult.  As soon as they've been handed the title I'm sure Peter will be looking for his next puppet as Neil Doncaster will have served his purpose.

I wont be  surprised if the horrors get the title immediately after today's meeting 

51 minutes ago, Gaffer said:

You only need 50+% for a vote of 'No Confidence', as far as I am aware.

This would be a way to get rid of the appalling Doncaster, but it is one which might suit the fhilth and its adherents, in that it would look good, and could be spun, and spun, and spun. it would leave them , still, in control, and, importantly, responsible for selection of a successor. There must be some good sellik-minded executives in the ranks from which to choose. 

A successful vote of 'No Confidence' in the Board (which today's poll in many respects is, but needs 75% support) would be a different matter, entirely.

Rangers seem to be prepared to plough a lone legal furrow, here. 

It would be helpful if other clubs (in particular the Hertz, and Partick, and, say, Aberdeen) were prepared to join in, at least with any effort to stymie determination of the SPL. 

There will be no ticket sales for some considerable time. To threaten clubs with no -or absolutely minimal as per contract- uptake may be seen as a rather hollow threat, and tomorrow's problem, when residual disbursements may be avaiable, soonish.

The potential clawbacks or claims from the broadcasters, and the possibility of having to structure, somehow, any future deals to take up to £10M, or so, out of the football pot, again may appear as a future problem, a not unreasonable position, perhaps: given that a number of clubs may be likely to fold, or revert to Social Club status, in the near future, short termism is likely to be a clear winner. 

It is clear to even the dullest football writer -surely, but that coterie rarely fails to surprise with its imbecility-  that the SPFL Board and Executive is hell bent on declaring the season, and awarding a clearly somewhat tarnished bauble to the fhilth. If it 'wins' this vote, after 'winning' the previous vote, it will, in all likelihood, regard these two polls as giving it carte blanche to do what it pleases -what pleases its master- and move to declare the season over, a done deal, a fait accomplit. 

Doncaster may well emerge with a reputation intact, if not enhanced, and the narrative will read that Rangers are the black hats in all this. 

Fortunately, I seems, and I am not the only one to sense this, that the Club appears to be  willing to push the issue of failed and compromised corporate governance to the limit, by way of legal action. Let's hope that it is 'Ready'. 

Edited by Uilleam

Another good interview with Gerry Britton 

Partick Thistle chief executive Gerry Britton believes it may only require the support of a third of the 42 member clubs at today’s EGM to convince the SPFL board that an independent inquiry into their corporate governance must go ahead.

Backing for the resolution put forward by Rangers, Hearts and Stranraer appears to be gathering momentum, with Aberdeen joining 
Thistle in confirming that they will vote for it.

However, the odds remain stacked against it receiving the 75 per cent of votes from each of the Premiership, Championship and Leagues 1 and 2 required to pass it under the SPFL’s regulations.

But Britton feels the strength of feeling over the SPFL’s handling of last month’s vote on their own season-ending resolution could induce them to sanction an investigation regardless of how the numbers stack up at today’s ballot.

“I think if you get anywhere approaching a third of the member clubs voting for it, then the power play for the SPFL, who say they are not a separate entity but are representing the member clubs, will surely be to say ‘OK, let’s do this for the benefit of those clubs’,” said Britton.

“If you have a significant number of clubs backing it, and I’d say a third would be significant, then surely you say ‘bring it on’.

“I would urge people to do the right thing for the good of the game. We want to have a streamlined organisation that has best practice. The league executive should want that as well. They should be able to accept critical evaluation.

“The feedback I am getting is [some] people are scared to come out and call anyone out. They see the consequences and remember what has happened to clubs and individuals through the years who have put their head above the parapet. So it is encouraging to hear that clubs of the standing of Aberdeen are also calling for an investigation. It isn’t about picking sides, or backing one side of the Old Firm against the other, it is because it is the right thing to do. We want our game to survive – if we keep splitting in the manner we are, it is hard to imagine having a cohesive group if we continue to go down the path we are right now.”

Aberdeen chairman Dave Cormack echoed Britton’s sentiments, insisting an independent investigation is the only course of action which could restore faith in SPFL chief executive Neil Doncaster and legal counsel Rod McKenzie whose suspensions have been called for by Rangers.

Cormack said: “We reiterate our belief that an independent inquiry is the only way of drawing a line under what has become a highly damaging episode for the whole of Scottish football.

“There is a distressing lack of confidence and trust between the SPFL leadership and many of the clubs, and it is hard to see a resolution, far less a reconciliation, without some form of impartial and objective assessment of the many claims and counter-claims.

“Some of those involved will be prepared to make information known in confidence through an independent inquiry, which they would not otherwise be willing to 
disclose. The SPFL will be able to provide details of the contractual consequences for the SPFL of different outcomes, which they have felt unable to share with members, and therefore the opportunity to obtain confirmation that their proposal was the only practicable option available.

“Importantly, there will be the opportunity for the SPFL’s chief executive and legal 
advisor to be cleared of the serious allegations that have been made. It is difficult to see how these outcomes could be achieved in a different way.”ĺ

1 hour ago, Gaffer said:

Finding out the percentage is another thing. Like I asked - how is the voting process done and will it be made public who voted what way? They could easily sweep it under the carpet if its not transparent.

The SPFL shot themselves in the foot with Aberdeen - seems they have morals at Pittodrie. If I was told my vote (previously) was irrelevant Id be skeptical of the SPFL straight away.

Inverness is a breath of fresh air and likes of Falkirk, Raith, Cove etc should all be voting for it. For reconstruction to not even make Hampden for consideration will piss off a good few clubs also. 

4 hours ago, Gribz said:

How does todays vote work? Is it a case of each club submitting their vote to the SPFL again?

If so that needs an independent third party to view the votes. Its crazy to send in the vote to one of the parties that is involved in the subject matter. There has to be transparency in this one.  

Hopefully not via email ?