SPFL Season declaration challenged legally (ongoing discussion)

15 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

It's too late at that point, not withstanding your point.

Coming out and complaining afterwards also has a lack of dignity.

We either lose our dignity or Celtic get awarded the league. 

I would contend that the fight against Celtic being awarded the league is the club's, not Gerrard's.  That said, he is the most front-facing, most famous face we have to be contending otherwise.  We could also do with other high-profile ex-players making their voice known too.

16 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

I disagree.

Gerrard having a hissy fit won't change anything anyway.

And presumably neither will "the club acting accordingly".

As Craig points out, Gerrard is by far the most famous person we have. If we as a club really want to stop the league being awarded then they should be ding something about it now and not allowing celtic free reign in the press.

It is being mused that UEFA will scrap the Euros for the time being to allow countries to finish their league business. That would be a start, despite all the contract stuff et al. Obviously, most contracts run to the end of May or even June, which still is a considerable amount of time.

I think it unlikely that we will see any football until the virus is vanquished, or it fucks off of its own accord.

Neither of these options appears imminent. 

There is, therefore, no chance of this season being played out to a conclusion.

God knows when the 20/21 season will (be able/be permitted to) commence. 

I am almost convinced that Pederasts Anonymous FC will be awarded this year's title, and that this is a done deal. 

If so, the authorities will  buy off disgruntled others, by fair means or foul, such as gerrymandering the league set ups to ensure promotions but no relegations for one year. This would mean more games, of course, within a most likely constrained  calendar, but that is a small price to pay for awarding a title to everybody's pal football club.

15 minutes ago, Uilleam said:

I think it unlikely that we will see any football until the virus is vanquished, or it fucks off of its own accord.

Neither of these options appears imminent. 

There is, therefore, no chance of this season being played out to a conclusion.

God knows when the 20/21 season will (be able/be permitted to) commence. 

I am almost convinced that Pederasts Anonymous FC will be awarded this year's title, and that this is a done deal. 

If so, the authorities will  buy off disgruntled others, by fair means or foul, such as gerrymandering the league set ups to ensure promotions but no relegations for one year. This would mean more games, of course, within a most likely constrained  calendar, but that is a small price to pay for awarding a title to everybody's pal football club.

There would be uproar if Liverpool were awarded the title down south even though they way in front.