SPFL Season declaration challenged legally (ongoing discussion)

Celtic title alert as Highland League cancelled and Brora declared champions

Sun running this

Highland League set Scottish football precedent as Brora Rangers crowned champions

Record

Edited by ian1964

2 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

Celtic title alert as Highland League cancelled and Brora declared champions

Sun running this

The full statement is on Twitter.  Cue the Tims using this as precedence.  Or.... wonder if Celtic offered bribes/donations to the Highland league to make this decision ? :ninja:

9 minutes ago, craig said:

The full statement is on Twitter.  Cue the Tims using this as precedence.  Or.... wonder if Celtic offered bribes/donations to the Highland league to make this decision ? :ninja:

Interesting to see Rangers reaction if this scandalous decision goes ahead!

It´s almost inevitable and now more about devaluing what would be a gifted title so as it doesn´t become accepted as 9IAR.

Important to lay the groundwork quickly.

2019/20... The Title that Never Was !

Lifted from FF, John Hartson.

"We're in uncharted waters. Nobody saw this coming.

"This could last another six, eight, nine months - and we'd have to close the season then.

"If the season doesn't get going then I think Rangers would come away with an awful lot of credit and great sportsmanship with the lead that Celtic have - it is a huge lead.

"Celtic probably need to lose five of their last eight games to be overtaken. Let's be realistic, that ain't going to happen.

"If Rangers were to say 'Right ok you have been worthy champions, you've got a massive lead and if the season was to stop Celtic would be handed the title'.

"I could honestly say I would say exactly the same thing if Rangers had the lead that Celtic have.

"There are certain cases, in my opinion, where you go 'Lets have a bit of common sense here'.

"If Rangers were to do something like that as a football club I really think it would bring football together.

"Look at the gratitude they would show. I think they would come out of it with huge respect and gratitude from the other clubs.

"It would be unbelievable if something like that was to happen.

"There is no way in anyone's mind that Rangers could catch Celtic."

It is essentially fully in the hands of the SFA/SPFL cabal, no matter what the choir sings.

Thing is ... when in the last 12 years has either governing body in Scotland do anything "in the interest of" Rangers or indeed, "sporting intergrity (original version)"?

The "funny" thing is here, should they decide that the current standings will be final for season 2019/2020 throughout the leagues. will those who get relegated or indeed, not promoted despite being in touching distance of direct promotion slots, really take up the tomahawks and go to war?

Edited by der Berliner