SPFL Season declaration challenged legally (ongoing discussion)

3 minutes ago, RANGERRAB said:

Could hearts get a court interdict to prevent the SPFL season starting?

I think they have to try. If the season goes ahead, that immediately creates a new status quo which would be nearly impossible to unravel.

They’ll only get a temporary interdict if their action is on strong legal grounds. It will be interesting to see what these are. They can’t just turn up and say it’s not fair. While many would agree with that, something a bit more legal will be needed.

13 minutes ago, RANGERRAB said:

Could hearts get a court interdict to prevent the SPFL season starting?

You might think that it would have to do so: otherwise the Premier Division could be well under way, with who knows how many games played, before a definitive hearing in Court. 

In the circumstance of a Hertz win, part way through the season, TV Cos, sponsors, and supporters might well feel that they are due compensation for shelling out for -essentially- meaningless fixtures. 

Would Hertz (be able to) play in The Championship, with legal action pending, given that its participation in that competition might prejudice its case against the SPFL? 

4 minutes ago, Scott7 said:

I think they have to try. If the season goes ahead, that immediately creates a new status quo which would be nearly impossible to unravel.

They’ll only get a temporary interdict if their action is on strong legal grounds. It will be interesting to see what these are. They can’t just turn up and say it’s not fair. While many would agree with that, something a bit more legal will be needed.

"...something a bit more legal will be needed.."

I note that a new series of Perry Mason will commence shortly on one or other TV channel. It may be of interest. 

12 minutes ago, Scott7 said:

I thought their ex-chairman Leslie Deans(a lawyer) outlined why they’d win in court.

Which probably is explains why Doncaster has been running around like a headless chicken these past few weeks pushing reconstruction to avoid court 

28 minutes ago, Uilleam said:

I note that a new series of Perry Mason will commence shortly on one or other TV channel. It may be of interest

I won't be satisfied until Bergerac is on the case.

23 minutes ago, RANGERRAB said:

I thought their ex-chairman Leslie Deans(a lawyer) outlined why they’d win in court.

Which probably is explains why Doncaster has been running around like a headless chicken these past few weeks pushing reconstruction to avoid court 

He did. Seemed a bit wing and a prayer. But Hearts will have much heavier artillery than Deans lined up. At least I’d hope so.

26 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

I won't be satisfied until Bergerac is on the case.

Out of his depth, I fear.

I'd go for Matthew Hopkins. He'd know how to deal with the vhermin at Hampden and  Piggery Place.