SPFL Season declaration challenged legally (ongoing discussion)

57 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

The SPFL don’t have anything like that amount of money.

If Hearts & Partick Thistle are successful in court then the SPFL is finished.

The SFA would need to take over the running of the leagues and reinstate both hearts & thistle in the premiership & championship. 

So, and this is a serious question, with a £10M plus costs civil action in the offing, just who call(s) the response at SPFL? 

-The Hired Help?

-The Board?

-The Member Clubs?

De facto, we suspect, it will be Pederasts Inc FC which will have the say, but de iure, who will be responsible, and, presumably, liable, when the Court decides against the League?

17 minutes ago, Uilleam said:

So, and this is a serious question, with a £10M plus costs civil action in the offing, just who call(s) the response at SPFL? 

-The Hired Help?

-The Board?

-The Member Clubs?

De facto, we suspect, it will be Pederasts Inc FC which will have the say, but de iure, who will be responsible, and, presumably, liable, when the Court decides against the League?

According to Leslie Deans the action would be served against the SPFL but the members would be liable for any financial court awards.

4 hours ago, Stevie - 4lads Blog said:

Yes but my blogs aren’t about them in any way 

It alludes to the fact and says basically we all know what has went on 

But if I write a blog that says it was all for them etc then it could borderline on looking mental and that lot would have a field day with personal criticism 

So subtle is key and has always been my style 

Lol I like it! I don’t think there’s anything wrong with you pointing out the blatantly obvious but I understand why you’ve written it the way you have. Can you imagine similar restraint from a dark side blogger? Hell, they have former captains coming out saying there is a conspiracy against them, the team who have engineered to be awarded 8.5 consecutive titles and several cups!

50 minutes ago, RANGERRAB said:

The SPFL don’t have anything like that amount of money.

If Hearts & Partick Thistle are successful in court then the SPFL is finished.

The SFA would need to take over the running of the leagues and reinstate both hearts & thistle in the premiership & championship. 

That would be a satisfactory outcome.

7 minutes ago, gaspard said:

According to Leslie Deans the action would be served against the SPFL but the members would be liable for any financial court awards.

I hesitate to doubt the learned Mr Deans but if that is correct there must be something unusual  in the SPFL Articles of Association.

41 minutes ago, gaspard said:

31 minutes ago, Scott7 said:

I hesitate to doubt the learned Mr Deans but if that is correct there must be something unusual  in the SPFL Articles of Association.

Both these make me wonder 1) If member clubs are required to pay the amount of any compensation does that mean the clubs are employed by the SPFL and have a franchise to run a  club as a Ltd. organisation within the SPFL that is also a Ltd.organisation which to me is weird.

2) If this is a legal situation does it mean that any limited company can pass the settlement of a damages claim etc. to their employees/franchisees?.