SPFL Season declaration challenged legally (ongoing discussion)

7 minutes ago, CammyF said:

What clubs going tits up?

English football doesn't need Rangers sooner you wake up to that fact the better.

UEFA would also be required to rubber stamp any move, so that's it scuppered before it's even started (unless English football is willing to forgo European football).

No bud...EVERYBODY loves money. What Rangers do have is a fan base who dig deep and come up ($$) for their team. I mean come on man...the friggin team sold 40,000 season tickets to a fanbase who is content to watch the game from home...WTF?

If You own a league who is in a pinch  you tellin me wouldn't welcome Rangers? Forget about it. 

10 minutes ago, Malangsob said:

No bud...EVERYBODY loves money. What Rangers do have is a fan base who dig deep and come up ($$) for their team. I mean come on man...the friggin team sold 40,000 season tickets to a fanbase who is content to watch the game from home...WTF?

If You own a league who is in a pinch  you tellin me wouldn't welcome Rangers? Forget about it. 

No it wouldn't and you still not answered the UEFA question. 

More chance of playing in League of Ireland than EPL - top English clubs don't need Rangers it's as simple as that. 

Oh, more chance of Scottish clubs going "tits up" than English clubs.

Edited by CammyF
Additional text

1 minute ago, CammyF said:

Not it wouldn't and you still not answered the UEFA question. 

More chance of playing in League of Ireland than EPL - top English clubs don't need Rangers it's as simple as that. 

Oh, more chance of Scottish clubs going "tits up" than English clubs.

I am not talkin about 'top division'.  I am talkin about a taste...a foot in the door. The team can start in their League One...or whatever is south of that. It doesn't matter, in a decade Rangers would be stompin mudholes in those clowns. It's all about gettin a taste of that revenue stream. They let those Welsh cats do it (Swansea...Cardiff)...why not the Scots? Why not Rangers? 

Meh...my two cents on it.

30 minutes ago, Malangsob said:

I am not talkin about 'top division'.  I am talkin about a taste...a foot in the door. The team can start in their League One...or whatever is south of that. It doesn't matter, in a decade Rangers would be stompin mudholes in those clowns. It's all about gettin a taste of that revenue stream. They let those Welsh cats do it (Swansea...Cardiff)...why not the Scots? Why not Rangers? 

Meh...my two cents on it.

Yeah and 50,000 fans are gonna turn up and watch Rangers play Solihull Motors, Torquay, Hartlipool etc ?

UEFA would never sanction it, and neither would the 100's of English clubs awaiting entry into the English leagues. 

44 minutes ago, CammyF said:

Yeah and 50,000 fans are gonna turn up and watch Rangers play Solihull Motors, Torquay, Hartlipool etc ?

UEFA would never sanction it, and neither would the 100's of English clubs awaiting entry into the English leagues. 

Why wouldn't they? 50,000 show up to watch St. Mirren...or Livingston...think about it bro...not that much different. Plus...you think Rangers fans wouldn't have their eyes on the prize? You think they wouldn't be able to gage the future benefits of promotion?

Go South!

28 minutes ago, Malangsob said:

Why wouldn't they? 50,000 show up to watch St. Mirren...or Livingston...think about it bro...not that much different. Plus...you think Rangers fans wouldn't have their eyes on the prize? You think they wouldn't be able to gage the future benefits of promotion?

Go South!

Yeah 50,000 plus in the Vauxhall Conference League paying £500 pounds for a season ticket  - players like Kent, Hagi, Davis, Defoe, Borna willing to drop to that level and take a huge pay cut in the process ?

50,000 plus waiting 5 years at least (in reality it would / could take at least a decade) to get to EPL with no European football or cup runs and little or no TV coverage ?

Not to mention how much money the club would lose via sponsorship deals, corporate hospitality and other commercial deals.

All assuming UEFA, English FA and English Clubs agree.

Where do I sign up?

Edited by CammyF
Additional text

7 minutes ago, CammyF said:

Yeah 50,000 plus in the Vauxhall Conference League paying £500 pounds for a season ticket  - players like Kent, Hagi, Davis, Defoe, Borna willing to drop to that level and take a huge pay cut in the process ?

50,000 plus waiting 5 years at least to get to EPL with no European football or cup runs and little or no TV coverage ?

All assuming UEFA, English FA and English Clubs agree.

Where do I sign up?

Pay cut? How do you figure? Do you think Second place in the SPFL...or away trips to St Johnstone pay the bills at the club?

Merch...season tickets...and Europe, which is the only revenue stream that would be hampered if Rangers went south.

However...that would not be forever. Besides...if Rangers were promoted to the Championship their share of TV revenues would far exceed this years Europa haul anyway. The average TV revenue for Championship clubs in 2018 was ~32M.

Even in league 2 they would garner around 3M

https://financialfootballnews.com/championship-2018-finances-revenue/

Suffer for a couple years...kinda.