SPFL Season declaration challenged legally (ongoing discussion)

7 hours ago, Malangsob said:

Pay cut? How do you figure? Do you think Second place in the SPFL...or away trips to St Johnstone pay the bills at the club?

Merch...season tickets...and Europe, which is the only revenue stream that would be hampered if Rangers went south.

However...that would not be forever. Besides...if Rangers were promoted to the Championship their share of TV revenues would far exceed this years Europa haul anyway. The average TV revenue for Championship clubs in 2018 was ~32M.

Even in league 2 they would garner around 3M

https://financialfootballnews.com/championship-2018-finances-revenue/

Suffer for a couple years...kinda.

What makes you think that a team that can only manage second spot in a dire Scottish league and a team that hasn't won a thing in years would ever be accepted in the English league 

I for one have no interest in joining the English set up, a league based entirely on money (from dodgy sources), a freak show where clubs become playthings for the rich and completely lose their identity. The only thing that stirs the fans up is the transfer window, no one gives a fuck about the FA cup, Europe or the national side.

Scottish football is a joke, but I'd rather we were here.

8 hours ago, Malangsob said:

Pay cut? How do you figure? Do you think Second place in the SPFL...or away trips to St Johnstone pay the bills at the club?

Merch...season tickets...and Europe, which is the only revenue stream that would be hampered if Rangers went south.

However...that would not be forever. Besides...if Rangers were promoted to the Championship their share of TV revenues would far exceed this years Europa haul anyway. The average TV revenue for Championship clubs in 2018 was ~32M.

I give up, your right, let's join the Vauxhal Conference tomorrow.

12 hours ago, CammyF said:

What clubs going tits up?

English football doesn't need Rangers sooner you wake up to that fact the better.

UEFA would also be required to rubber stamp any move, so that's it scuppered before it's even started (unless English football is willing to forgo European football).

Yes, we sink or swim in this cesspit. Like it or not, this is our only option. The idea of playing in England is as futile as it’s groundless.

15 hours ago, Malangsob said:

I am not talkin about 'top division'.  I am talkin about a taste...a foot in the door. The team can start in their League One...or whatever is south of that. It doesn't matter, in a decade Rangers would be stompin mudholes in those clowns. It's all about gettin a taste of that revenue stream. They let those Welsh cats do it (Swansea...Cardiff)...why not the Scots? Why not Rangers? 

Meh...my two cents on it.

The Swansea and Cardiff situation is a complete red herring.  There is history behind why those two clubs pay in the English leagues - just as there is for Berwick Rangers playing in the Scottish leagues.

14 hours ago, Malangsob said:

Why wouldn't they? 50,000 show up to watch St. Mirren...or Livingston...think about it bro...not that much different. Plus...you think Rangers fans wouldn't have their eyes on the prize? You think they wouldn't be able to gage the future benefits of promotion?

Go South!

They can't "Go South" without an invite - and that invite won't be forthcoming for  the very foreseeable future.  The suggestion it will is delusional.

13 hours ago, Malangsob said:

Season Tickets would be hampered too - if not in quantum, certainly in pricing.  No way could the club charge £500 a season ticket for the 8th tier of English football.  And we would also lose pretty much every player on the books.

It wouldn't be "suffer for a couple of years" either - because Rangers would have to go through the conferences and possibly even regional leagues.

All worthless posturing - because it simply ain't happening - its a hypothetical that wont in my lifetime (and I hope I still have a number of years left) happen.

8 hours ago, craig said:

The Swansea and Cardiff situation is a complete red herring.  There is history behind why those two clubs pay in the English leagues - just as there is for Berwick Rangers playing in the Scottish leagues.

The point is PRECEDENCE. There is no hard rule precluding Rangers from entering leagues south. If a Ales team can do it...then a Scots one can.

8 hours ago, craig said:

They can't "Go South" without an invite - and that invite won't be forthcoming for  the very foreseeable future.  The suggestion it will is delusional.

So these 'invites' are independent in origination? They just conjure themselves? No bugs in ears to be planted? No wilful intent conveyed? Just one day the postman delivers...

"Why..what's this?...Oh hey hooo!...the Brits wants us to join them down south!...and we didn't even ask!"

Arguing about Rangers playing in England reminds me of my pal, Stuart, who said he was going to pull Transvision Vamp's Wendy James, when we were in Primary 7.

Slightly amusing but utterly pointless.