SPFL Season declaration challenged legally (ongoing discussion)

10 hours ago, Malangsob said:

The point is PRECEDENCE. There is no hard rule precluding Rangers from entering leagues south. If a Ales team can do it...then a Scots one can.

No, the point isn’t precedence.  You can’t use precedence when the European governing body was founded in 1954 but the Welsh teams were in the English league since 1921, in Swansea’s case.  

“Grandfathered” would be the more appropriate term and that’s very different to precedence.

And you need to remember that the change you’re suggesting needs UEFA approval.  They wouldn’t cite precedence as they didn’t make the Swansea decision.

You also are completely missing the facts that a) English teams would need to approve it and b) UEFA would need to confirm it.

English teams have already previously rejected both sides of the Old Firm and would have no motivation to vote us in.  50,000 fans at Ibrox every other week doesn’t fill their coffers.  TV money does and they get that regardless of Whois in the league.

10 hours ago, Malangsob said:

So these 'invites' are independent in origination? They just conjure themselves? No bugs in ears to be planted? No wilful intent conveyed? Just one day the postman delivers...

"Why..what's this?...Oh hey hooo!...the Brits wants us to join them down south!...and we didn't even ask!"

What on earth are you talking about ?

The English would need to vote on it....something they’ve done before.... and rejected.  There would be a vote and if passed, an invite sent and f accepted, application to UEFA.

There is almost nothing to suggest there is appetite in England to have us play in their leagues.

ive literally no idea what you’re talking about.  

5 hours ago, craig said:

What on earth are you talking about ?

The English would need to vote on it....something they’ve done before.... and rejected.  There would be a vote and if passed, an invite sent and f accepted, application to UEFA.

There is almost nothing to suggest there is appetite in England to have us play in their leagues.

ive literally no idea what you’re talking about.  

What? You are the one who raised the topic of 'Invite' without any further qualification, not I. 

Just because they have voted, and rejected prior, does not mean they will continue to do so. You type as if this world is devoid of any dynamism. Things change Craig...people change...feelings change.

I am simply shedding light on this unique, and quite possibly, very beneficial crisis that could be used to the team's benefit. 

Or everyone could sit in their piss and moan about the SPFL ad nausea...Call me a dreamer Craigster...but I'm not the only one. 

Let's put it this way ... if Sky decides that a British League would fit their bill better than the current formats and they dangle enough monetary incentives in front of the respective FAs and clubs, we'll probably have an Old Firm involvement in "England" sooner rather than later. If you leave it solely to the clubs and national associations, you can de facto and de jure forget it.

4 hours ago, Malangsob said:

What? You are the one who raised the topic of 'Invite' without any further qualification, not I. 

Just because they have voted, and rejected prior, does not mean they will continue to do so. You type as if this world is devoid of any dynamism. Things change Craig...people change...feelings change.

I am simply shedding light on this unique, and quite possibly, very beneficial crisis that could be used to the team's benefit. 

Or everyone could sit in their piss and moan about the SPFL ad nausea...Call me a dreamer Craigster...but I'm not the only one. 

I maybe naively assumed that you knew the process.  Seems there’s a fair bit about us “moving to England” that you aren’t knowledgeable about.  I also thought it was fairly self-explanatory that we can’t just go “right, we fancy playing in England so we’ll see you next season”.... no, English clubs need to vote, they need to invite, we need to accept, they need UEFA approval.... self-explanatory.

On what basis would they want us in now ?  Only ONE club, as far as I’m aware, in England has gone into admin because of this, Wigan.

Ypu still haven’t answered the question as to why they would want us and what we would bring that would increase revenues, remembering that income from fans isn’t that significant to revenue streams these days.

You aren’t shedding light on anything.  You’re actually pissing in the wind if you think the English leagues will want us anytime soon.

You can sit and fantasize about playing in England all you like..... whilst the realists amongst us know that isn’t happening anytime in the foreseeable future.

1 hour ago, stewarty said:

Wigan went into admin for non-Covid reasons in fairness @craig    It’s an absolutely clusterfuck btw, arguably much worse than Craig Whyte’s stitch up.  

Oh I know.... but they’re still the only one that’s entered admin since COVID halted seasons.

There are massive questions need answered in the Wigan situation.