SPFL Season declaration challenged legally (ongoing discussion)

1 hour ago, buster. said:

I think the priority would be (within extraordinary circumstances), to mitigate preventable damage to certain clubs (eg. Hearts, P.Thistle, etc) whilst taking into consideration an option to review the structure the following summer.

The SPFL wanted to more or less push through everything in one go and didn´t appear to care much for several member clubs at an unprecedented time.

Exactly. And you can only wonder why it had to go through now, in so much haste, and presented as a take it or you don't get your money scenario to most clubs? Who could possibly stand to benefit most from such an outcome? It couldn't possibly be a certain team across the city.

Do you seriously think any form of league reconstruction would have been on the table if they had got the votes they needed for this to pass on Friday? Any proposals would have got the same treatment as Rangers' proposal got on Thursday, i.e. deemed somehow "incompetent" on whatever technicality they fancied dreaming up. Celtic would get their tainted title and Hearts and Thistle and Stranraer would have been fucked and that would have been the end of it.

Edited by Doc

25 minutes ago, Doc said:

Exactly. And you can only wonder why it had to go through now, in so much haste, and presented as a take it or you don't get your money scenario to most clubs? Who could possibly stand to benefit most from such an outcome? It couldn't possibly be a certain team across the city.

Do you seriously think any form of league reconstruction would have be on the table if they had got the votes they needed for this to pass on Friday? Any proposals would have got the same treatment as Rangers' proposal got on Thursday, i.e. deemed somehow "incompetent" on whatever technically they fancied dreaming up. Celtic would get their tainted title and Hearts and Thistle and Stranraer would have been fucked and that would have been the end of it.

I struggle to see how we´re realistically going to be successful in preventing Celtic eventually being declared as having finished first in an incomplete league season unless the Null & Void option was taken in various other leagues. Apart from the fact that we are the only club bothered and we have few friends out there, in an incomplete season, how would European qualification be determined if positions aren´t called?

For me, given circumstances you probably have to call the positions but don´t necessarily have to award a title and certainly regarding the 9IAR issue, it can´t morally be included, ie. back to 8 for the start of next season. Then you reconstruct the league so as to limit severe damage to certain clubs (eg. Hearts).

Edited by buster.

5 minutes ago, buster. said:

I struggle to see how we´re realistically going to be successful in preventing Celtic eventually being declared as having finished first in an incomplete league season unless the Null & Void option was taken in various other leagues. Apart from the fact that we are the only club bothered and we have few friends out there, in an incomplete season, how would European qualification be determined if positions aren´t called ?

For me, given circumstances you probably have to call the positions but don´t necessarily have to award a title and certainly regarding the 9IAR issue, it can´t morally be included, ie. back to 8 for the start of next season. Then you reconstruct the league so as to limit severe damage to certain clubs.

I agree. I think the positions will ultimately get called as they stand but the problem is the resolution presented for the vote had all the titles, promotion and relegation strands interwoven into it. Clubs couldn't get their money unless they agreed to declare Celtic champions, Dundee United champions and the three teams bottom of the leagues as relegated. It was accept this or don't get your money when you are desperate just to survive. They could have done it differently and limited the damage to member clubs. They chose not to and said take it or leave it expecting to get the outcome they wanted.

Whether Celtic are gifted 9 in a row is less important than ensuring that meaningful change comes to the top of the SPFL. Doncaster and as much of his corrupt cabal as possible are cleared out and maybe we get some balance back to the organisation that is meant to look after the interests of all clubs - not just Celtic. That's a fight worth fighting but it will take other clubs to grow some balls and stand up for themselves here too. Not just leave Rangers swinging in the wind as they have done so often.

2 minutes ago, Doc said:

I agree. I think the positions will ultimately get called as they stand but the problem is the resolution presented for the vote had all the titles, promotion and relegation strands interwoven into it. Clubs couldn't get their money unless they agreed to declare Celtic champions, Dundee United champions and the three teams bottom of the leagues as relegated. It was accept this or don't get your money when you are desperate just to survive. They could have done it differently and limited the damage to member clubs. They chose not to and said take it or leave it expecting to get the outcome they wanted.

Whether Celtic are gifted 9 in a row is less important than ensuring that meaningful change comes to the top of the SPFL. Doncaster and as much of his corrupt cabal as possible are cleared out and maybe we get some balance back to the organisation that is meant to look after the interests of all clubs - not just Celtic. That's a fight worth fighting but it will take other clubs to grow some balls and stand up for themselves here too. Not just leave Rangers swinging in the wind as they have done so often.

As I said previously, if we can achieve positive and meaningful change in the SPFL power structure then this campaign would have been worth it. A difficult ask but then I don´t know what the whistleblower evidence consists of.

7 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

Trades descriptions need to be brought in to force a name change to the Rangers Football Monitor.

They go on about it being to hold governing bodies to account rather than focus on Rangers. These past few days have neatly shown that to be blatant bullshit. They are also purveyors of the whataboutery clause when required but don´t allow anyone on their messageboard to point out when they push whataboutery with both barrels.

10 minutes ago, buster. said:

I don´t know what the whistleblower evidence consists of.

It had better be good. It had better be devastating. A losing battle is not worth fighting. The named persons might be looking at defamation if they are not destroyed.

Would we be bothered so much if this was number four instead of nine in a row? Not many among us hadn’t conceded the title by the the third week of January.

Park is presumably a sensible man but what sort of advice is he getting? I hope there is an affidavit from the whistleblower.