SPFL Season declaration challenged legally (ongoing discussion)

3 hours ago, CammyF said:

Maybe I'm old school and maybe I'm in a minority of one, but no, I wouldn't want the title handed to us (unless it was mathematically impossible for anyone to catch us).

Agree.  I wouldn't want it handed to us either.  If we were that many points clear you would need to be very sensitive to the capabilities of your team to get over the line - 10 points ahead on even number of games and just 8 games left ? Yeah, I would rather it be determined on the pitch, not Gerry-mandering off it.

2 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

I'm hoping Partick Thistle take out an injunction and a few clubs go to the wall.  

Can't say I disagree.  Scottish football, to be quite frank, deserves everything that is headed its way.

5 hours ago, craig said:

And he was still Interim Manager.

Saying "Park isn't off to a great start" suggests it is a full time role.  An interim chairman off to a "poor start".  Big deal.  And he wont be the one running the show on this though, as Chairman, he will take ultimate responsibility - so if it goes to hell in a handbasket then he could be asked to step down.... same thing as being interim Chairman effectively :rolleyes:

Thanks Captain obvious for your fine contribution on the "appointment of Murty".  You don't do irony too well do you ?

Do you fight with your shadow ? ?

Let´s just leave it with what I said in the beginning (in italics below). We all know that DP is interim chairman, I didn´t say he wasn´t, it´s still a bad start, regardless.

If this heads where it looks like going, it´s a bad start for Douglas Park and the new PR man.

-----

Beyond that....

I like most will have hoped that Douglas Park would be more savvy and for that reason, I thought that we might come through on the statement bluster. This is one of those moment that will leave scars and will make efforts to discredit the title in the eyes of the general football public more difficult.

7 hours ago, ian1964 said:
8 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

I'm hoping Partick Thistle take out an injunction and a few clubs go to the wall.  

I would much prefer Rangers to take this to court

I agree with the sentiment but our recent court appearances don't leave me confident.  Thistle would surely be in a better position, as they are facing relegation.  

I'd prefer it if the SPFL was shown up for what it is without Rangers having to lift a finger.

5 hours ago, craig said:

lol.  It wouldn't have mattered who said what from a Rangers perspective.  The media are full of Rangers-haters.  It would have been given little thrift by the media.  What friends do we have in the game that would have put their hed above the parapet ?  Which ex-players would be prepared to do so as well ?

The media are forver looking for contentious Old Firm column inches and are there to be taken advantage of by the club.

David Graham, the new PR man was appointed (Craig, btw I know his job title wasn´t PR). His first battle was to weather a storm attacking himself and was the time that the initial groundwork should have been going in regards a discrediting campaign re. 9IAR (I said this at the time in a thread on here).

To infer we have no friends/ex-players who would do that is simply not true. Off the top of my head I´d start with 9IAR Captain, Richard Gough. I´d have 9IAR manager Walter Smith ready to go, Souness, McCoist, then I´d look at figures not directly connected with the club,... etc, etc

You can say the media hate us but if we know that, we have to act accordingly and box clever.

Parking the tanks on the lawn without any shells hasn´t served us well in the past and won´t now or in the future. Instead it will be treated as comedy time for Scottish Fitbaw.

It smells more like appeasement to the support without much thought beyond that.

There have been a lot of good appointments throughout the club from the football operation to the business side, etc but we have never really addressed the PR challenge properly. Granted, it´s a difficult remit given where we have been these past few years but we should have got some experienced professionals in rather than Traynor/Level5.

To move forward as a club, the only way it will start to happen appears to be on the pitch and that means getting on top of a very well resourced and determined rival and as we sit,  that doesn´t look like happening anytime soon. The C19 fallout may change the landscape but we go into it with bigger financial issues.

It´s not a hopeless picture but it´s a very difficult one and the obvious worry is that if we have another couple of unsuccessful years, everything starts to drift, starting with ST numbers. One saviour could be a diffferent European league/Escape to England structure but we´ve been waiting for that for how long ? 

Edited by buster.

34 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

I agree with the sentiment but our recent court appearances don't leave me confident.  Thistle would surely be in a better position, as they are facing relegation.  

I'd prefer it if the SPFL was shown up for what it is without Rangers having to lift a finger.

It's definitely best if it comes from Partick Thistle. The SPFL has announced that they are relegated and hopefully that's a stain that Thistle will want removed regardless of any attempt at half hearted league reconstruction. Thistle have the stronger moral high ground than we do in this.

However someone has to challenge this and if Thistle can't then we have to. This is about fixing a vote to get the outcome you wanted all along and blatantly lying and covering things up along the way. If this is allowed to stand unchallenged then this isn't a league any more. It's a rigged farce designed to benefit one club and one club alone. Doncaster and his cronies will feel like they can get away with anything, because after this they can.

Yesterday afternoon’s announcement that Dundee FC has re-cast its vote, in support of the SPFL’s written resolution of 8th April leaves me both disillusioned and bitterly disappointed.

Believe me when I say that I know that you, our supporters, will be equally disappointed and indeed angry. As I have said previously, I believe the whole process has been incredibly badly handled and shows Scottish Football in a very poor light.  The reasons for Hearts and others voting against this resolution have been well-documented and, sadly, anyone who believes this decision will draw a line under the whole matter, is in my opinion being optimistic indeed.  Suffice to say that I believe the SPFL should have admitted that errors had been made in the handling of this resolution, withdrawn it and asked Clubs to revote.  The outcome may have been the same but at least some of the criticisms would have been addressed.

However, it is now of paramount importance that we do not give up in our efforts to right this wrong.  We will continue to fight for this.  I have said from the outset that it was imperative that we find a solution that ensures no club is penalised by relegation in a situation where the leagues cannot be finished. The financial consequences are enormous. Many others agree with that view.  While some clubs may lose out to an extent in terms of what “might have been”, the 3 clubs in relegation spots with many points still to play for, face financial consequences that no-one appears to feel are either fair or reasonable.  This is what must now be addressed through a temporary change to the league structure to cope with what is likely to be 2 very “abnormal” seasons.

Over the past week Hearts have been working to fully understand the consequences, financial and otherwise, of possible changes for next season.  We will continue to do so, working with other member clubs and supported by the SPFL, where required, to put through the changes needed to right the potential wrongs of relegation in this situation.  We will speak to all 42 clubs and discuss options in a totally open and transparent manner and do our very best to win their support.

I have been told by a number of clubs that they are keen to find a way to work together to find a solution which we can all get behind.

While Hearts have not at this time been relegated, Partick Thistle and Stranraer have.  This should not be happening and we will do everything in our power to find a solution with a positive outcome that works, not just for the 3 clubs in relegation spots, but for all of Scottish Football.

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/article/chairmans-statement-16-april-2020

16 minutes ago, CammyF said:

So Hearts are the latest club to jump ship. Pinning their hopes on temporary league reconstruction and whilst mentioning the shitstorm, all OK if they avoid relegation and get this reconstruction passed. Hope this comes back to bite them on the arse 

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/article/chairmans-statement-16-april-2020

They haven´t jumped ship as such.

Everyone is on their own ship and they are all called Self-Interest.

That basic premise is very predictable and should be worked into any club thinking regards the strategy to take within this clusterf**k.