SPFL Season declaration challenged legally (ongoing discussion)

An ancient cutting from Private Eye won’t cook anybody’s goose.  Shifty only has to deny saying it. I doubt there will be proof.

There may be a more effective rabbit to be pulled from the hat in the Court of Session today but I’m not confident. On past form, Rangers’ lawyers must have bought their box of tricks from a Tommy Cooper surplus sale.

Has the legion of timmish lawyers rubbished the Partick opinion yet?

19 minutes ago, Scott7 said:

No as they won't / can't - hence the inaccurate article posted by Klaxon (their useful media idiot) last night that was a thinly veiled threat to anyone thinking of legal action and full of lies. 

9 minutes ago, Scott7 said:

An ancient cutting from Private Eye won’t cook anybody’s goose.  Shifty only has to deny saying it. I doubt there will be proof.

There may be a more effective rabbit to be pulled from the hat in the Court of Session today but I’m not confident. On past form, Rangers’ lawyers must have bought their box of tricks from a Tommy Cooper surplus sale.

There has been a Groundhog Day feel to events within Scottish football for nearly a decade (both on and off field) and even when we know what the script is, we do the same thing.

It wasn´t even the first time we´d used the Shifty Eye article.

On the pitch we need players, who as well as ability, can cope with an expectation level that the money we have can´t buy.

Very occasionally you´ll get a Morelos type signing whose price had nothing to do with the high level he performed at for a while...but generally you get what you pay for.

Not enough funds, look to your own youth players and cross your fingers.

We will just have to get our arses into gear and prevent the scum making it ten in a row we have a short window to assess the players and management to see if we need to replace them I dont want excuses I want results. 

19 minutes ago, compo said:

We will just have to get our arses into gear and prevent the scum making it ten in a row we have a short window to assess the players and management to see if we need to replace them I dont want excuses I want results. 

All well and good on a level playing field, which we don't have and haven't for some time now! if this just passes as it seems to be, then we will just continue to get shafted I'm afraid.

Just now, Gonzo79 said:

2020 has certainly been a year of disappointment, from a Rangers perspective. 

What little credibility Scottish football might have had has now completely vanished. 

But nobody really cares!

10 hours ago, CammyF said:

Oops, Klacksons wrong again. SPFL as indicated in emails to Rangers  can give out loans against prize money. 

So if someone (please please please) takes out an injunction stopping payouts SPFL clubs can simply request loans from the SPFL. PTFC have already asked for this in a previous statement and are yet to be answered as far as I am aware.

It's as if he's trying to stop someone taking out an injunction - wonder who gave him that idea and the wording for the article?

Jackson, the poor man's Speirs.