SPFL Season declaration challenged legally (ongoing discussion)

9 minutes ago, Bill said:

It really doesn't matter a whole lot. At least beyond letting off steam, which is probably quite important in its own way. Whether we shrug or howl, the outcome will be the same in my opinion. So unless shrugging or howling is seen as the measure of success or failure, I wouldn't worry too much which one is chosen. 

I completely agree that the main battle will take place on the field of play, but I think this is important Bill.  We've been trying to build bridges (as far as I can tell) since 2012 and that got us absolutely nowhere.  In fact, it's only getting worse.  We now have to go and fight these people in the courts too.  That may do very little but it will keep our fans motivated.  If we continue to roll over we will lose fans who are becoming completely disheartened by the level of blatant corruption.  Our fans need hope and that can come in the shape of off field victories as well as those on it.  The problem is that we've won very few legal or PR battles.

Our club has a great opportunity to encourage social distancing by not not taking any away tickets.  There are plenty of fans, and indeed the vast majority, who will see that as using the weapons we have to fight back.  We should use every form of influence at our disposal and yet the major one (the blue pound) is one we just dish out regardless.  Let's withhold that and use it as a means of establishing some respect (or at least attention) from the other clubs.

I just hope our players see what is going on and those with the right mentality will step up and deliver.  The snowflakes in the dressing room should just leave, no matter how skilful they are.  This is a battle and we need warriors.  Our manager is one, but I'm still not convinced about the majority of our players.

12 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Sounds like Gerrard is "howling at the moon".  

I'd add in some comments about tanks, ammunition and bridge building but that has been done to death already.

It´s ironic but SG is more savvy about his environment/PR than pretty much anyone else at Ibrox or at least that is how it looked for a while.

re. petty tank line...I´d add #pathetic

Edited by buster.

Next step could be:

Reporting Platform

UEFA has developed, and finances, a number of initiatives designed to protect the integrity of European football. They include in particular:

• A confidential reporting platform: The UEFA Integrity Platform (desktop and app) allows individuals to provide valuable information to UEFA concerning match-fixing or corruption. This may be information concerning a match, a player, a match official (a referee or an assistant referee) or any other individual linked to football. 

Integrity matters are administered by the disciplinary and integrity unit, which is headed up by Emilio García under UEFA's legal affairs division director Alasdair Bell.

https://www.uefa.com/insideuefa/protecting-the-game/integrity/index.html#reportingplatform

Not least since the SPFL essentially goes against UEFA directives.

51 minutes ago, Gaffer said:

I completely agree that the main battle will take place on the field of play, but I think this is important Bill.  We've been trying to build bridges (as far as I can tell) since 2012 and that got us absolutely nowhere.  In fact, it's only getting worse.  We now have to go and fight these people in the courts too.  That may do very little but it will keep our fans motivated.  If we continue to roll over we will lose fans who are becoming completely disheartened by the level of blatant corruption.  Our fans need hope and that can come in the shape of off field victories as well as those on it.  The problem is that we've won very few legal or PR battles.

Our club has a great opportunity to encourage social distancing by not not taking any away tickets.  There are plenty of fans, and indeed the vast majority, who will see that as using the weapons we have to fight back.  We should use every form of influence at our disposal and yet the major one (the blue pound) is one we just dish out regardless.  Let's withhold that and use it as a means of establishing some respect (or at least attention) from the other clubs.

I just hope our players see what is going on and those with the right mentality will step up and deliver.  The snowflakes in the dressing room should just leave, no matter how skilful they are.  This is a battle and we need warriors.  Our manager is one, but I'm still not convinced about the majority of our players.

Pretty much the same type of reaction we have been getting for years after the same type of event, similar tactics, similar result.

As I said, you have to change the way you operate, change the people, fundamentally change.

No sign it is happening at the moment.

What happens next re.share issue / is someone else coming in ?

On-field, we need lots of cash from upstairs and a support who don´t generate unreasonable expectation levels that throws another baby out of the bath otherwise this 10IAR business may end up consuming us.

edit

ps. I know that the cash and expectation level request are more thanprobably stretching it.

Edited by buster.

29 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Sounds like Gerrard is "howling at the moon".  

I'd add in some comments about tanks, ammunition and bridge building but that has been done to death already.

At least that "moon" is a world wide Sky Sports audience (and reporters) who listen to one of the legends of the world game. There is no-one better to say loud and direct what shambles and criminal behaviour goes on in Scotland ... he will be listened to. And if someone like SG says this, UEFA will most likely be more open to investigating the corruption in the Scottish game just now.

8 minutes ago, Bill said:

You might be right, in which case our boot would have been on the other foot entirely. Nevertheless, my point still stands, there is only one place we will ever win this battle and it isn't in courts or committee rooms.

Unfortunately, we are experiencing the double dunt; the team is losing on the pitch, and the Club is losing in the courts and in the committee rooms.

On Friday, the Club called them out, demanding suspensions, and an independent enquiry into SPFL machinations. It did this, it claimed, on the basis of evidence from a 'whistleblower'.  This sounded like shootie-in.

If this was showboating in front of the support, or a premature intervention, or, misinterpretation (putting it kindly) of the evidence, then Park should be considering his, albeit temporary, position

Of course, we await developments, but if it turns out that the Club has dropped a knacker on this, then I am afraid that all it will have done is strengthen the grip that fhilth fc already has on Scottish football, and weaken our own position. This is important because control allows direction, and influence. We see, already, and probably have done for some time, that other Clubs accept this, and in the past week or so the majority have been vigorously booting themselves up the arse, the more quickly to jump to their master's tune. 

A pervasive narrative, if you like, plays out in the committee rooms, with the Compliance Oficer, with disciplinary panels, and so forth, through the media, as received wisdom, and, ultimately, I suppose, sets a tone for officials on the pitch.  He who controls this gets the marginal gains. 

If Rangers entered the lists on Friday, impulsively, and cannot deliver what we thought would be a significant blow against the Empire, not only will the fhilth's position be reinforced, the Club will, in all likelihood, be itself weakened; defined as irrelevant; its opinions not worth considering; its views antediluvian and bitter; above all, it will be painted as a clear example of entertaining ideas above its station, a status, of course, of second fiddle. 

What happens in the no longer smoke filled rooms is important. 

2 minutes ago, Uilleam said:

Unfortunately, we are experiencing the double dunt; the team is losing on the pitch, and the Club is losing in the courts and in the committee rooms.

On Friday, the Club called them out, demanding suspensions, and an independent enquiry into SPFL machinations. It did this, it claimed, on the basis of evidence from a 'whistleblower'.  This sounded like shootie-in.

If this was showboating in front of the support, or a premature intervention, or, misinterpretation (putting it kindly) of the evidence, then Park should be considering his, albeit temporary, position

Of course, we await developments, but if it turns out that the Club has dropped a knacker on this, then I am afraid that all it will have done is strengthen the grip that fhilth fc already has on Scottish football, and weaken our own position. This is important because control allows direction, and influence. We see, already, and probably have done for some time, that other Clubs accept this, and in the past week or so the majority have been vigorously booting themselves up the arse, the more quickly to jump to their master's tune. 

A pervasive narrative, if you like, plays out in the committee rooms, with the Compliance Oficer, with disciplinary panels, and so forth, through the media, as received wisdom, and, ultimately, I suppose, sets a tone for officials on the pitch.  He who controls this gets the marginal gains. 

If Rangers entered the lists on Friday, impulsively, and cannot deliver what we thought would be a significant blow against the Empire, not only will the fhilth's position be reinforced, the Club will, in all likelihood, be itself weakened; defined as irrelevant; its opinions not worth considering; its views antediluvian and bitter; above all, it will be painted as a clear example of entertaining ideas above its station, a status, of course, of second fiddle. 

What happens in the no longer smoke filled rooms is important. 

Good post Uilleam !!

Another step on the long and painful process of Espanyolification. 

1 hour ago, Gaffer said:

This is a complex issue with many facets. My point was principally that we won't change outcomes by complaining among ourselves about the predictable conduct of the SPFL and it's colluding media. Of course the SPFL is a den of corrupt bastards but frankly no one is listening and no one cares  how often we point it out. We may be right but that won't change a thing.

That said, I do agree with your points about supporter morale and away games. I've long been an advocate of boycotting away games - it seems such an easy and effective way to bring many clubs to heel but I've also long ago given up hope our fans would see sense on this. As for morale, it's very important but it's also something we have little control over if it depends on subduing a hostile SPFL or media. Much of it is down to how Rangers conducts itself and that hasn't exactly been glorious in recent years. In the end though, only a league title is really going to look after morale.

I thought we might be starting to come out of the doldrums but performances over the last few months have left me quite demoralised. Players, manager, board? Where do you look for the answer? Certainly not to the SPFL if you actually want things to change.