SPFL Season declaration challenged legally (ongoing discussion)

25 minutes ago, buster. said:

What happens in the no longer smoke filled rooms is important. 

Yes, right up until it enters the public domain. It may be that Rangers is already being proactive behind the scenes but, we'll never know unless we make another arse of it. I wasn't impressed with the threats of "evidence" last week. You don't parade threats like that in public if you actually have such evidence - you use it quietly and effectively. I'm afraid the blame for at least some of our current status has to lie at our own feet.

I think much of this will be moot anyway.  I don't see the 20/21 season completing either.  With social distancing becoming a buzz term for the government, I can see them enforcing this at football matches, meaning we have fewer supporters.  All in all, I expect many clubs will collapse and the league will not be able to be completed.  Equally I can foresee teams claiming that they can't play games because their players have corona virus, meaning that many other games will be abandoned.  Our club needs to focus on what it does to survive over the next 18 months.

And all this because many of the governments have adopted a crazy way of calculating deaths, meaning we've had a real over reaction to this (in my opinion).  It's a shambles, and our league structure is just part of what will suffer enormous consequences as a result.

4 hours ago, buster. said:

Do you fight with your shadow ? ?

Let´s just leave it with what I said in the beginning (in italics below). We all know that DP is interim chairman, I didn´t say he wasn´t, it´s still a bad start, regardless.

If this heads where it looks like going, it´s a bad start for Douglas Park and the new PR man.

-----

Beyond that....

I like most will have hoped that Douglas Park would be more savvy and for that reason, I thought that we might come through on the statement bluster. This is one of those moment that will leave scars and will make efforts to discredit the title in the eyes of the general football public more difficult.

Funnily enough it seems I only fight with you :ninja: - I suspect others might be the same... which makes you the common denominator :D

You can’t say with certainty that it’s a bad start from Park because this hasn’t yet run its course.

It is, as of now, looking like the club has been ran around in circles and had a blinder played against him.  We also don’t know what the “end game” is here from the club’s perspective.  I don’t think it’s to keep the season going but, as ranger_syntax says, to shine a light on the absurdity of those in SPFL power.  But let’s see what happens aT the finish line, not halfway down the back straight :thup:

2 hours ago, Bill said:

It really doesn't matter a whole lot. At least beyond letting off steam, which is probably quite important in its own way. Whether we shrug or howl, the outcome will be the same in my opinion. So unless shrugging or howling is seen as the measure of success or failure, I wouldn't worry too much which one is chosen. 

It was a concerted campaign from Celtic and its fans, collectively, which changed the way games were officiated.  There was a quantum shift from refs being impartial to, whenever there was a decision to be made, they would likely be pro-Celtic and, since our return, anti-Rangers.

winning on the field when handicapped is going to be very difficult.

whilst I’d never want to be like Tims, we need to find a way to highlight the lack of refereeing impartiality and force change, whatever that may be.

a level playing field is all I’d ask for.  We don’t have it.

4 minutes ago, craig said:

It was a concerted campaign from Celtic and its fans, collectively, which changed the way games were officiated.  There was a quantum shift from refs being impartial to, whenever there was a decision to be made, they would likely be pro-Celtic and, since our return, anti-Rangers.

winning on the field when handicapped is going to be very difficult.

whilst I’d never want to be like Tims, we need to find a way to highlight the lack of refereeing impartiality and force change, whatever that may be.

a level playing field is all I’d ask for.  We don’t have it.

I agree Craig, we certainly don't have it. But as always, describing the problem is a very long way from describing the solution. Gaffer mentioned the only really powerful leverage we have and it's clear no one wants to use it - boycotting away games.

19 minutes ago, craig said:

Funnily enough it seems I only fight with you :ninja: - I suspect others might be the same... which makes you the common denominator :D

You can’t say with certainty that it’s a bad start from Park because this hasn’t yet run its course.

It is, as of now, looking like the club has been ran around in circles and had a blinder played against him.  We also don’t know what the “end game” is here from the club’s perspective.  I don’t think it’s to keep the season going but, as ranger_syntax says, to shine a light on the absurdity of those in SPFL power.  But let’s see what happens aT the finish line, not halfway down the back straight :thup:

Naw, your memory fails you. You seem to enjoy a scrap,  JFK was the last one I remember.

My politics/opinion differs from the majority, so it figures I´ll be involved in many such exchanges.   

I gave Douglas Park and indeed the whole approach the benefit of the doubt up until yesterday when it became clear to me we had been too easily out manouvered and the Howitzer statement was more airpistol regards it´s substance. If this suddenly takes a 180º turn, I´ll gladly await your reminder.

We haven´t had a blinder played against us. They´ve (SPFL) been clumsy and made it only too apparent why they already have a poor reputation. Read Uillaem´s post an hour or so ago for more detail on immediate consequences, he put´s it much better than I can.

The endgame here for who is in control of the game is full blown Espanyolification and it´s looking more likely with every passing year.

46 minutes ago, Gaffer said:

I think much of this will be moot anyway.  I don't see the 20/21 season completing either.  With social distancing becoming a buzz term for the government, I can see them enforcing this at football matches, meaning we have fewer supporters.  All in all, I expect many clubs will collapse and the league will not be able to be completed.  Equally I can foresee teams claiming that they can't play games because their players have corona virus, meaning that many other games will be abandoned.  Our club needs to focus on what it does to survive over the next 18 months.

And all this because many of the governments have adopted a crazy way of calculating deaths, meaning we've had a real over reaction to this (in my opinion).  It's a shambles, and our league structure is just part of what will suffer enormous consequences as a result.

Just reading an article from Sports Illustrated basically saying the same. No sports for 12 - 18 months.

Germany just extended lockdown of religious gatherings, cinema, concerts etc until at least 31st August. 

Most medical advice is there will have to be some sort of social distancing until a cure for Coronavirus is found and available. 

I wish some in the SPFL, SFA and Scottish media would read / publish some of this as it's clear we are miles away from recommending sporting events 

18 minutes ago, CammyF said:

Just reading an article from Sports Illustrated basically saying the same. No sports for 12 - 18 months.

Germany just extended lockdown of religious gatherings, cinema, concerts etc until at least 31st August. 

Most medical advice is there will have to be some sort of social distancing until a cure for Coronavirus is found and available. 

I wish some in the SPFL, SFA and Scottish media would read / publish some of this as it's clear we are miles away from recommending sporting events 

The widespread consequences of the timeline mentioned would render most of our current conversations fairly meaningless. 

My own guess (based on not a lot) is that it won´t be as long as that.

Edited by buster.

29 minutes ago, Bill said:

I agree Craig, we certainly don't have it. But as always, describing the problem is a very long way from describing the solution. Gaffer mentioned the only really powerful leverage we have and it's clear no one wants to use it - boycotting away games.

Yup, completely agree.  Until and unless our fans use their true strength (spending blue pounds) we will forever be weaker for it.  One thing you have to admire (cant believe I am even saying that word when describing them) the Celtic support is that they, on the whole, realized that their strength lay in their unity and to put their in-house squabbles aside.

We just don't know how to do that because we can't see past our own individual wishes rather than the bigger picture of what may actually help the club.