SPFL Season declaration challenged legally (ongoing discussion)

1 hour ago, Bill said:

"Look for a consensus with the BBC"

If that's really how far we've travelled as a support then we might as well give up now. Thankfully, right-thinking fans realise this is just pie-in-the-sky lunacy.

If you are going to quote me then please do it accurately because your post is misleading and fails to grasp what I was saying.

Below is part of what I typed.....

Our problem is we can´t contribute directly because of the situation between us and BeebScot. Sometimes you have to do unexpected things to catch the enemy off guard....Why not make a late request and send someone in to put our case forward, if it´s thought it could deliver enough benefit and we could satisfactorily answer the obvious question/attack that would come our way regards "whistleblower evidence".

--------------

This isn´t about changing the vote, that´s gone (unless legal challenge goes in sharpish and I´d rate that as doubtful).

It´s about pointing the finger at SPFL (as we are doing), holding them to account and ultimately forcing people out of their positions (the likes of Tom English and even Michael Stewart would find it difficult to rally against us regards that). Not to forget the campaign to discredit the inevitable award of the title.

We have ammo to use.

Simply, a comprehensive timeline of what we actually know plus Partick´s Legal Opinion.

Use it in a rational and calm manner looking for consensus.

---------------------

If you want different results,...do something different

It´s not about a consensus with the BBC as you mistakenly quoted. It´s about taking advantage of an important platform on a weekend when the SPFL will be looking to contain the narrative and if possible, between Sportsound and your Sunday press, kill it. 

It´s about exploiting the set of circumstances that currently exists as best we can. 

We need our voice heard in a debate that for once we may have some support (consensus) amongst those who will probably be on the programme and we have a long charge sheet to walk them through.

As Gaffer said..."Only sustained pressure..." .

Generally.......You want different results, open la vista and don´t keep doing or shouting the same thing.

The mechanics of it would not be a studio visit, it would be a phone call.

16 minutes ago, buster. said:

We need our voice heard in a debate that for once we may have some support (consensus)

If you think having a Rangers employee speaking on BBC Sportsound would make a blind bit of difference, you might be right.

But it wouldn't make a blind bit of difference. 

The Stenhousemuir Chairman speaks out in The Scotsman - doesn't miss 

I found the statement from the SPFL staggering. Another reminder if I may, the vote was to end the season for the three leagues below the Premiership. This means relegation for two clubs. Relegation by committee, not through football, which by any standards is harsh.

And the statement from the SPFL? There will now be talks on “league restructuring, in time for season 2020-21, around an expanded Premiership model”. So no mention of the impacts on lower leagues, but assurances to the top flight that clubs in the Premiership will be looked after as the starting point for reconstruction talks. The demise of the lower league season is to trigger protection built around the needs of the Premiership.

As it stands today, the Premiership season is still live. They continue to hope to play this out “when the time is right” as they have said. But the statement says that the reconstruction “process has already been commenced today”. So reconstruction has begun, when a season in still live? The reconstruction group will be led by the two teams currently occupying the bottom two spots in the Premiership so are the two that are most likely to face relegation.

So if the Premiership season does start back up, the two teams in the drop zone have nothing to fear. They will be driving the reconstruction discussions and can keep themselves safe. Is this the sporting integrity that has been mentioned so often of late?

22 minutes ago, CammyF said:

The Stenhousemuir Chairman speaks out in The Scotsman - doesn't miss 

I found the statement from the SPFL staggering. Another reminder if I may, the vote was to end the season for the three leagues below the Premiership. This means relegation for two clubs. Relegation by committee, not through football, which by any standards is harsh.

And the statement from the SPFL? There will now be talks on “league restructuring, in time for season 2020-21, around an expanded Premiership model”. So no mention of the impacts on lower leagues, but assurances to the top flight that clubs in the Premiership will be looked after as the starting point for reconstruction talks. The demise of the lower league season is to trigger protection built around the needs of the Premiership.

As it stands today, the Premiership season is still live. They continue to hope to play this out “when the time is right” as they have said. But the statement says that the reconstruction “process has already been commenced today”. So reconstruction has begun, when a season in still live? The reconstruction group will be led by the two teams currently occupying the bottom two spots in the Premiership so are the two that are most likely to face relegation.

So if the Premiership season does start back up, the two teams in the drop zone have nothing to fear. They will be driving the reconstruction discussions and can keep themselves safe. Is this the sporting integrity that has been mentioned so often of late?

So why did he and his fellow chairmen vote for this in the first place? All too easy having a go once the deal is done. He should have had the balls to not only speak out before the vote, but to also vote this deal dead, and ensure his fellow chairmen also seen through this for what it was.

3 minutes ago, Tannochsidebear said:

So why did he and his fellow chairmen vote for this in the first place?

I'd imagine they weren't made fully aware of how things would transpire and voted with full focus on cashflow. 

17 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

I'd imagine they weren't made fully aware of how things would transpire and voted with full focus on cashflow. 

Think a lot of club a that voted Yes did so for that exact reason, to get money to stay afloat. Now, the goalposts have changed dramatically as to gain Dundee s Support, the SPFL have had to add league reconstruction to the agenda. That's not what the original vote was for.