SPFL Season declaration challenged legally (ongoing discussion)

2 minutes ago, CammyF said:

A solution to the problem:

All League Competitions abandoned.

Premiership: Leaders Celtic. Last Position Heart of Midlothian

(Repeat down the leagues)

No declared champions in any league. No relegations , automatic promotions or play-offs for second promotions.

No admissions from the Highland or Lowland Leagues.

Prize money to be distributed equally among all clubs with a small proportion for the deemed champions of the Highland and Lowland Leagues but excluding any club occupying a relegation place in any league including League 2.

Entry to European competitions deferred pending UEFA decision.

If Rangers presented this proposition the only drawback for the Club is diminution of share of prize money. The relegation and promotion clubs will be displeased. I expect Brora will be secretly thrilled.

But it won’t work because the anointed won’t get anointed.

26 minutes ago, CammyF said:

Too little too late  - if any of them had shown a bit of backbone and backed us then we might be on to something

There may be some amusing moments ahead, watching other clubs squabbling.

It looks guaranteed that Celtc will be handed the title, so we may as well take any crumb(s) of comfort available. 

3 hours ago, CammyF said:

Weirdly we seem to have the support of the media for the 1st time in years wirh people like Stewart, English and Rolston all backing us and backing an independent inquiry. Have we leaked some of the evidence to them and they are now trying to look like the good guys by backing us? Can't think of any other reason for them to be backing us? 

Not for one minute are they supporting what Rangers says. What they're doing is applying pressure to the SPFL so that it remembers which side its bread is buttered when it comes to deciding where the title goes.

3 hours ago, buster. said:

If you are going to quote me then please do it accurately because your post is misleading and fails to grasp what I was saying.

Below is part of what I typed.....

Our problem is we can´t contribute directly because of the situation between us and BeebScot. Sometimes you have to do unexpected things to catch the enemy off guard....Why not make a late request and send someone in to put our case forward, if it´s thought it could deliver enough benefit and we could satisfactorily answer the obvious question/attack that would come our way regards "whistleblower evidence".

--------------

This isn´t about changing the vote, that´s gone (unless legal challenge goes in sharpish and I´d rate that as doubtful).

It´s about pointing the finger at SPFL (as we are doing), holding them to account and ultimately forcing people out of their positions (the likes of Tom English and even Michael Stewart would find it difficult to rally against us regards that). Not to forget the campaign to discredit the inevitable award of the title.

We have ammo to use.

Simply, a comprehensive timeline of what we actually know plus Partick´s Legal Opinion.

Use it in a rational and calm manner looking for consensus.

---------------------

If you want different results,...do something different

It´s not about a consensus with the BBC as you mistakenly quoted. It´s about taking advantage of an important platform on a weekend when the SPFL will be looking to contain the narrative and if possible, between Sportsound and your Sunday press, kill it. 

It´s about exploiting the set of circumstances that currently exists as best we can. 

We need our voice heard in a debate that for once we may have some support (consensus) amongst those who will probably be on the programme and we have a long charge sheet to walk them through.

As Gaffer said..."Only sustained pressure..." .

Generally.......You want different results, open la vista and don´t keep doing or shouting the same thing.

The mechanics of it would not be a studio visit, it would be a phone call.

You appear to be in a bad way. Take a break, breathe deeply, drink a beer, try to get some sleep. Not everything is all about you.

11 minutes ago, Bill said:

Not for one minute are they supporting what Rangers says. What they're doing is applying pressure to the SPFL so that it remembers which side its bread is buttered when it comes to deciding where the title goes.

Don't see that in what English, Stewart and Ralston are saying. They are asking why the rush and who's gotten something to gain by calling the season? They have all called out the vote, the bullying and the fact that reconstruction has magically made it's way onto the agenda. 

14 minutes ago, CammyF said:

Don't see that in what English, Stewart and Ralston are saying. They are asking why the rush and who's gotten something to gain by calling the season? They have all called out the vote, the bullying and the fact that reconstruction has magically made it's way onto the agenda. 

But we all know it's never in what they say and always in why they say it. Perhaps they're more uncertain than I am that the SPFL wants the title to go to Parkhead? Maybe they see an opportunity for a more committed Celtic man to take Doncaster's place? Whatever it is, there WILL be a reason.

7 hours ago, buster. said:

Generally, that is what I´d call the predictable and customary reaction that helps ensure we stay on the same road that tuther side want us to be on.

I´m not saying this is a silver bullet, it´s just an idea.

buster, do you genuinely believe that if we play nice with PQ that anything changes ?  Fair enough if you think that.

I, however, believe that by doing so we effectively capitulate to the lies and propaganda that Chris McLaughlin has spouted about our club.  His lies were completely outed, yet BBC dug into the trenches over it.  If we capitulate, and you can be assured that it will be seen that way, then we will still be cast as pariahs by that lot.

Even if it was a silver bullet, I suspect Rangers would be the ones taking it in the head.