SPFL Season declaration challenged legally (ongoing discussion)

Hearts owner Ann Budge insists no league title should be awarded and no club should be relegated following the Scottish Professional Football League's vote to end the season early.

Budge admits relegation would be a double setback for Hearts and maintains rules have been altered by the controversial poll to end the campaign after the coronavirus shutdown.

The Edinburgh club face dropping into the Championship next season unless league reconstruction is agreed. Budge, the majority shareholder at Tynecastle Park, is leading a task force aimed at restructuring Scottish football with the Hamilton vice-chair Les Gray.
They need an 11-1 vote from Premiership clubs, plus 75 per cent in the Championship and 75 per cent across League One and League Two to pass any reconstruction plan. Failure to do so would send Hearts down as the club currently bottom of Scotland's top flight.

All three lower divisions have been brought to an end and respective titles awarded to Dundee United, Raith Rovers and Cove Rangers.
Partick Thistle and Stranraer are poised to be relegated. Brechin City sit bottom of League Two but will not face a play-off to stay in the division as all play-offs have been cancelled as per the SPFL vote.

The Premiership officially remains suspended for now until UEFA approve moves to bring top leagues across the Continent to a conclusion. That is likely to happen later this month, confirming Celtic as winners and consigning Hearts to relegation.
Budge stressed it would be unfair to punish any club already suffering due to the financial downturn brought by the global pandemic. She also argued that titles should not be awarded and repeated her anger at how the whole voting process was handled by the SPFL.

We [Hearts] got off to a shocking start at the beginning of the season and hadn't quite climbed out of yet, so we were sitting bottom of the league when the league was suspended. Why am I angry? I'm angry because I think this whole process has been very badly handled. That's my first complaint," she told BBC Radio 5 Live.
"We were presented with one option to vote on, the consequences of which were that promotion was allowed but relegation would also stand. Essentially I don't think very many people had a problem with promotion – with the probable exception of Rangers – but almost everyone had a problem with relegating clubs in the middle of what is an absolutely awful experience for all of us globally.
"My biggest argument is: Let's find the fairest way possible to address the situation, and that means people shouldn't be penalised. Nobody gains from having relegation, nobody gains at all.
“Clubs just lose on top of everything else they are suffering – unfairness, the fact that a number of rules were changed, clearly it's an impossible situation

You shouldn't be awarded a title if you haven't played 38 games; you shouldn't be relegated if you haven't played 38 games, and all sorts of other things in between. Some rules were changed, others weren't.
"It's not yet applying to the Premiership but, the fact it has now been implemented for the other three leagues, I can't see how they can possibly apply one set of rules for the Premiership and a different set for the other three.

Almost by definition, the decision has been made. The only reason the Premiership hasn't been included is to keep options open for UEFA – to ensure we don't fall foul of calling the league early an druling ourselves out of European competitions.
"To be fair for everyone, if you are going to make promotions when the league isn't finished, and therefore we are rewarding people who have invested to try and achieve success, then I think we should also be recognising that some of us have made substantial investmentsto try to avoid relegation. As I said, I don't think anyone gains from relegation."

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-owner-ann-budge-says-no-titles-and-no-relegation-only-fair-spfl-solution-2541646

Oh dear, might she spit in the Scum's title champagne pot?

1 hour ago, Bill said:

You appear to be in a bad way. Take a break, breathe deeply, drink a beer, try to get some sleep. Not everything is all about you.

Bill, why not just hold your hand up for mis quoting me instead of the personal shit ?

Even touch on the subject matter itself.

1 hour ago, craig said:

buster, do you genuinely believe that if we play nice with PQ that anything changes ?  Fair enough if you think that.

I, however, believe that by doing so we effectively capitulate to the lies and propaganda that Chris McLaughlin has spouted about our club.  His lies were completely outed, yet BBC dug into the trenches over it.  If we capitulate, and you can be assured that it will be seen that way, then we will still be cast as pariahs by that lot.

Even if it was a silver bullet, I suspect Rangers would be the ones taking it in the head.

Craig, it´s not about playing nice with PQ.

It´s about taking advantage for ourselves with a telefonic presence in what will be an important 90 minutes or so regards the ongoing narrative. Given the extraordinary circumstances, I don´t see why we need to kiss and make-up so to speak.

Not sure who it would be though, they´d need to be very sharp.

We might be able to get a word in via a proxy, would very much depend on who.

The SPFL will be looking to contain any discussion on accountability with a message to move-on and they´ll be well prepared. We need to take advantage of the bad feeling towards them and if the likes of Tom English agrees with us then all the better.

---------------------------------

Generally speaking,....

Too many people are hung up in this never ending battle with the rest of the world where it seems we need to burn bridges and shout at people. We seem to collect enemies,...yet are somehow surprised when the same world consider us as enemy, move with greater politcal dexterity and pish all over us repeatedly....You don´t have to love everyone, you start by operating with much more savvy and a defined strategy.

We are well down the road to Espanyolification.

Generally, it´s not a good idea to do keep doing the same old things that were in part, why we find ourselves in such a bad place. 

The club too often seem to tailor output for X, Y or Z,... dependent on what the support are saying in social media.

It might give the support the equivalent of a temporary high but it very raely does anything constructive. You do that for years and it contributes in no small measure to why we are where we are.

Putting it bluntly, politically we have been and remain pretty f**king awful.

The club, the support, the lot.

It wasn´t so bad or in your face when the football team were successful but that was nearly a decade ago.

Now the disparity between us and them is significant. Politically, financially and on the park...hence full blown Espanyolification is getting closer.

We have made some good appointments within the club re. commerce, youth development, etc but the tangible benefits may take some time to come through.

IMO, really what we need is three fold (ignoring the virus fallout for a moment)

1. Finance / better revenue generation

2. Above all a successful football team

3. A fresh holistic strategy regards the politics/media and the like.

Edited by buster.

35 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

I'm still getting my head around the fact that people actually listen to BBC Sportsound!?

?

A bunch of nobodies talking pish for over an hour sounds like audible Hell to me.

It's at the same time surprising and unsurprising.