SPFL Season declaration challenged legally (ongoing discussion)

Did anyone see the interview with the "biosecurity and infectious disease" expert Michael Osterholm just now?  It was excellent because he made it simple to understand and answered lots of the common questions.  Based on what he said, there is no doubt that this is going to continue for a few months, meaning there is a serious doubt about the start of next season too.

In particular, I hoped @blueflagheard it as Dr. Osterholm revealed some very interesting facts and stats about the virus.  If it's repeated on BBC or CNN later it's worth listening to if you are concerned about it, or want to know more.

1 hour ago, Gaffer said:

Did anyone see the interview with the "biosecurity and infectious disease" expert Michael

For a terrible moment I thought the next line was going to begin with the word “Stewart”.

This naturally follows ...

https://www.sportinglife.com/football/news/uefa-postpone-european-games/178282

UEFA postpone all Champions League and Europa League matches next week

The Champions League trophy
The Champions League trophy

Tom Carnduff · Journalist
06:59 · March 13, 2020 · 1 min read

UEFA have announced that all Champions League and Europa League matches due to take place next week have been postponed.

The decision has been made in response to the Coronavirus outbreak.

LaLiga in Spain, Serie A in Italy, Ligue 1 in France and the Dutch Eredivisie are some of the top European domestic leagues who have already enforced suspensions.

The Premier League and Sky Bet EFL are expected to announce similar measures on Friday.

Manchester City had been due to welcome Real Madrid to the Etihad Stadium while Chelsea were in Germany for their second leg clash with Bayern Munich.

Postponed Champions League fixtures

• Juventus v Lyon
  • Manchester City v Real Madrid
  • Barcelona v Napoli
  • Bayern Munich v Chelsea

Postponed Europa League fixtures

• Getafe v Inter
  • Bayer Leverkusen v Rangers
  • Shakhtar Donetsk v Wolfsburg
  • Wolves v Olympiacos
  • Roma v Sevilla
  • Basel v Eintracht Frankfurt
  • Copenhagen v Basaksehir
  • Manchester United v LASK

But Neil, the league is not at an end, i.e. finished, it is merely abandoned, i.e. unfinished. You are not Champions, you do not have an uncatchable lead in the league, and there is still a quarter of the league programme to play. Nothing is decided, so titles cannot be claimed. In the interests of sporting integrity, nothing can be awarded until the mathematics are conclusive. A significant lead is not a victory. If you need a reminder as to why that is the case, ask your fellow scum players from the 2004-05 season about how a substantial lead with some games left to play doesn't get you a medal.

GIRFUY you utter scumbag!!!!!!

6 minutes ago, Tannochsidebear said:

But Neil, the league is not at an end, i.e. finished, it is merely abandoned, i.e. unfinished. You are not Champions, you do not have an uncatchable lead in the league, and there is still a quarter of the league programme to play. Nothing is decided, so titles cannot be claimed. In the interests of sporting integrity, nothing can be awarded until the mathematics are conclusive. A significant lead is not a victory. If you need a reminder as to why that is the case, ask your fellow scum players from the 2004-05 season about how a substantial lead with some games left to play doesn't get you a medal.

GIRFUY you utter scumbag!!!!!!