SPFL Season declaration challenged legally (ongoing discussion)

Absolutely ridiculous.  They are attempting to blackmail clubs into agreeing with the proposal by withholding funds for clubs.  The association has an obligation to HELP clubs... yet here they are instead of simply saying "to help you out we will distribute the prize winnings early, based on current standings".  Not sure too many would complain about that because, as has been said,  the prize winnings are so skewed to the top 3 or 4 clubs that beyond that it will make little difference.

They should then have had this proposal to finish the season "as it stands" as a separate resolution, not have the financial distribution to be dependent upon approving this proposal.

Scottish football is run by the Keystone Cops.  Amateur hour which is only surprising in the fact it is unsurprising.

2 hours ago, MacK1950 said:

Excluding those over the last couple of seasons via the play-offs I can think of the following:-

I.C.T. a two team amalgamation.Ross County,Livingstone formerly Meadowbank Thistle/Ferranti Rovers,Peterhead,Elgin City & Annan Athletic.

And Cove Vipers.

1 hour ago, craig said:

Football now not going to start again until at least June 10th and that is just training.  No way this season gets finished.

I don't think they ever thought it would. The delay is simply to establish the narrative that Celtic get the title and to make sure UEFA don't put obstacles in the way. The SFA and SPFL are such utter bastards.

14 minutes ago, Bill said:

I don't think they ever thought it would. The delay is simply to establish the narrative that Celtic get the title and to make sure UEFA don't put obstacles in the way. The SFA and SPFL are such utter CORRUPT bastards.

You would think Club1872 & the other share holders would challenge this in court? if the club does then they would be hit with all sorts of penalties/fines! can share holders do it without the club?.

How could clubs in 2nd, 3rd & 4th places in the championship, league 1& league 2 vote for this SPFL proposal ? They’d effectively be voting against getting promotions 

Also clubs at the bottom of divisions like Hearts & Partick Thistle who could still easily avoid relegation ?

Edited by RANGERRAB

2 hours ago, RANGERRAB said:

How could clubs in 2nd, 3rd & 4th places in the championship, league 1& league 2 vote for this SPFL proposal ? They’d effectively be voting against getting promotions 

Also clubs at the bottom of divisions like Hearts & Partick Thistle who could still easily avoid relegation ?

Hearts and Thistle have already said they wont vote in favour of the proposal.  Stranraer Chairman has also said it is unfair, so they will likely vote against it too.  Hearts have already confirmed they will support Rangers Members Resolution to distribute prize winnings "as is" and to treat the league finish proposal separately.

I agree though.... you have to think that any team sitting in 2nd, 3rd and 4th - and possibly even below if they are close to making play offs, will look to oppose it. 

However..... and I m going to highlight this for effect... in less than 10 years "sporting integrity" has been superseded by "financial expediency" - and it makes you sick to the stomach.

I listened to a bit of SSB this evening and they flat out said "null and void" was never even considered.  Now... as a Rangers fan null and void would be great  however, as a realist, that would be unfair on Celtic given their lead.  Null and void is unfair... but so too is simply handing a league over to ANYONE - I would like to think (though probably wouldn't) that I would say the same if we were leading the way. 

I am not sure what the answer is - contrarian as this view might actually be... I probably wouldn't be averse to Celtic being given some kind of leading handicap for next season - in other words they start ahead of us on some weighted ranking - but they don't get to claim this season's title - what they DO get is an advantage for next season which reflects their current advantage at the top of the table.  And I am fully aware that there are a plethora of reasons that wouldn't happen either - but it would be fairer than either null and void or handing them a title when there are too many points still to play for.

https://mobile.twitter.com/4ladshadadream/status/1248383379436752896

Update from Rangers Football Club: “Rangers are awaiting a response from the SPFL prior to the scheduled board meeting at 9:30am. We are yet to receive a response in relation to our requests for clarity in regard to our Members Resolution.”
Edited by ian1964