SPFL Season declaration challenged legally (ongoing discussion)

1 hour ago, der Berliner said:

Direct link to the article:

At the end of the day, the only question that needs answered is: qui bono? And no matter they'll turn it and warp it, the only one team that benefitted from all of this is Celtic FC. Neatly spun plot.

The SPFL got called early because Lawwell told his lackey Doncaster to do so. It’s that simple.

Meanwhile we await to see whether hearts (& others) are prepared to take legal action to prevent their ridiculous relegation. Hopefully they will.

31 minutes ago, compo said:

I wonder who will be awarded the Scottish cup 

I read that they intend to complete this season's Scottish Cup.

Amusing to think that the yahoos won a title in an office and they might win a treble in an empty stadium (I hate them winning anything but really can't see any of the other remaining teams beating them at Hampden).

1 hour ago, Gonzo79 said:

I read that they intend to complete this season's Scottish Cup.

Amusing to think that the yahoos won a title in an office and they might win a treble in an empty stadium (I hate them winning anything but really can't see any of the other remaining teams beating them at Hampden).

You can be certain if Separate Entity FC were out of the Scottish Cup it would not be getting finished!!!

The league "had to be called" as there was no way games could have been played. And sure not before empty stands. For some reason, cup games are seemingly a different sort of game. Monday was Championee-Day, then Thursday Doncaster and Co. called on SNP-Nic that football must restart in August, no problems regarding empty stands.  Hm.

Yesterday, Dunfermline Athletic, sadly, had to tell everyone that they will not renew the contracts of players who are out of contract this summer. Just 17. One would assume that many teams will follow suit.

Tell me, how exactly did the paying out of SPFL money help clubs like Dunfermline? How exactly did ending the season help clubs like Dunfermline?

By the looks of it, even if clubs can afford playing games in front of empty stands, they probably have no players playing for them because they cannot afford the wages. 

Edited by der Berliner