SPFL Season declaration challenged legally (ongoing discussion)

12 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Whilst I agree in principle, Ian - sometimes you have to play the 'my enemy's enemy is my friend' game.

If Hearts can shake things up a bit, then that can't be a bad thing, long-term.

Aye, but I still don't give a feck about them or whether they take SPFL to court or not!. Rangers should be the ones challenging the SPFL in court, IMO, as now we have let them kick us again which will make it even more difficult to win the league next season! this was the time, again only my opinion.

2 hours ago, ian1964 said:

I don't give a flying feck about Hertz, they were the front leaders in us getting kicked out of the league so feck them and every other club who all played their part in that. Scottish football is fucked/corrupt.

It's about time we forged some friendships with some clubs we cant do anything on our own we cant change the past and we cant take on the authorities on our own you seen that with our chairman's dossier recently they just laughed at us treated us like a wee diddy club .

12 minutes ago, compo said:

It's about time we forged some friendships with some clubs we cant do anything on our own we cant change the past and we cant take on the authorities on our own you seen that with our chairman's dossier recently they just laughed at us treated us like a wee diddy club .

Id reverse that. Its about time clubs forged friendships with us. They burnt a lot of bridges.

The problem with that is other clubs are happy to accept failure and mediocrity, whereas we need to be challenging for every single trophy.

Hearts have far better ground to stand on when it comes to challenging how the league has been declared. 

I don't want us to cosy up to Hearts but I want the Scottish football hierarchy to be shaken, at the very least.  If Hearts can do that then good luck to them.

Edited by Gonzo79

On 28/05/2020 at 17:03, Franc Ergs said:

An ICT and County merger into Highland FC would make more sense ,and keep top flight football in that area.

Dissolve them both and promote the Clach.

Hearts chief Ann Budge has said that "philanthropists" have been in touch to offer financial help to other Scottish clubs.

Budge told BBC Sportsound that wealthy individuals or groups have offered no-strings-attached help worth millions of pounds.

This would be to help ensure lower league clubs survived the Scottish football shutdown enforced by COVID-19.

However the Hearts owner expressed frustration at the SPFL after being asked to put the information in writing and they'll discuss it next week, despite this being a time of emergency.

She told the BBC: "I have taken to the SPFL an amazing philanthropic gesture from some of the people that I know, to help lower division clubs cope with the challenges that they are being confronted with. I've taken that to them, and now I'm being asked to put it down in writing, and tell them exactly what's on offer.

"It's a nonsense, it's not quick enough. They are not decisive enough – 'being a member's organisation you'll have to put forward what you're suggesting'. I'm offering them money, not my money. A fund to help people.

"They are philanthropists. They are people who can see what's happening. I know them. They know me because of Hearts, but that's irrelevant in this situation. What they are saying is 'we would like to help Scottish football' and I can't even get that moving."

https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/sport/football/philanthropists-been-touch-hearts-owner-18336272

The point is that the one vital decision has been made and the rest of the lot is and has been a side show. What happens next is of no urgency to the puppetmaster. Sounds like paranoia, but your mental age would have had to be arrested at a rather young state not to see through this all. The icing on the cake is that Lawwell and Co. now press for a quick start to get TIAR going ... even when NIAR was not possible to be won on the playing field days ago.

The creep show at the top needs to be removed and all influence from one club made impossible.

Edited by der Berliner

She made it sound like she was buying votes , so let’s be crystal clear here , she Was buying votes .

Shes just as bad as all the rest of them .