SPFL Season declaration challenged legally (ongoing discussion)

The Joint Response Group can confirm the decision of the Scottish FA Board to suspend ALL domestic professional and grassroots football under the jurisdiction of the Scottish FA until further notice.

Ian Maxwell, Scottish FA Chief Executive: “Since the guidance outlined by governments last night we have been engaged in extensive dialogue to clarify the position and implications of that guidance for Scottish football.

“Today’s announcement is made in the interests of public health but, equally, the health and safety of players, match officials, and staff across the game. This is of paramount importance as the country enters the ‘delay’ phase of the coronavirus pandemic.

“It is also why the Scottish FA is compelled to ensure that the suspension is cascaded through the non-professional and grassroots games until further notice.”

https://news.stv.tv/sport/all-scottish-football-football-suspended-until-further-notice?top

3 minutes ago, Frankie said:

The Joint Response Group can confirm the decision of the Scottish FA Board to suspend ALL domestic professional and grassroots football under the jurisdiction of the Scottish FA until further notice.

Ian Maxwell, Scottish FA Chief Executive: “Since the guidance outlined by governments last night we have been engaged in extensive dialogue to clarify the position and implications of that guidance for Scottish football.

“Today’s announcement is made in the interests of public health but, equally, the health and safety of players, match officials, and staff across the game. This is of paramount importance as the country enters the ‘delay’ phase of the coronavirus pandemic.

“It is also why the Scottish FA is compelled to ensure that the suspension is cascaded through the non-professional and grassroots games until further notice.”

More info here: https://news.stv.tv/sport/all-scottish-football-football-suspended-until-further-notice?top

This is end of the season.  I just hope the NHS can get to the point where it can cope with the demand on it's services, otherwise they will have to maintain this for a few months more, meaning the start of next season could be delayed also.  Now comes the tricky part.  All of the leagues and competitions need to work out how they will handle awards of prizes, money, coefficient points, etc.

1 minute ago, Whosthedado said:

Got to be null and void the next decision :flute:

Obviously I want that to be the case as far as our league is concerned.  I just want to be given licence to be a little hypocritical because I'd like our win bonuses and coefficient points to stand from the Europa this season.  I'm trying to convince myself that there's a logical difference between the two, so we can justify this.  The only reason I can come up with is that we are the people and they are just filthy soap dodging criminals.

Just now, Gaffer said:

Obviously I want that to be the case as far as our league is concerned.  I just want to be given licence to be a little hypocritical because I'd like our win bonuses and coefficient points to stand from the Europa this season.  I'm trying to convince myself that there's a logical difference between the two, so we can justify this.  The only reason I can come up with is that we are the people and they are just filthy soap dodging criminals.

Has to be done in the interest of sporting integrity and our Japanese tour (the imaginary end of season one) 

3 minutes ago, Whosthedado said:

Got to be null and void the next decision :flute:

The EPL is now suspended till first week of April - and the suspension could be extended beyond even that..... so it becomes ever more difficult to see the season being able to be completed.  

Null and void HAS to be the only choice - you cannot hand a title to a team just because they are 16 points ahead (13 if we win our game in hand) with so many points still on the table.  If we were to win the two remaining OF games that deficit is 7 points - not insurmountable - just ask Marvin Andrews.....

They can't award them the title - doing so would add the biggest of asterisks ever in the game.

Sadly (and I say this as an Arsenal fan with no real love of Liverpool), the same has to be said of Liverpool because, presently, they aren't mathematically guaranteed to win the league - they only need one more win I believe and no doubt would get it.... but if it is mathematically possible for them to be caught then they cant be awarded the title.