SPFL Season declaration challenged legally (ongoing discussion)

11 hours ago, RANGERRAB said:

It doesn’t look like it will pass. The only way hearts can avoid relegation is in the courts if Budge has the bottle for it.

Doncaster now telling anyone who'll listen that reconstruction is only way to save Scottish Football. 

Rewind a few weeks and he was telling us handing the most tainted or all tainted titles to that mob was the only way to save Scottish Football. 

To think we have all 42 clubs a real opportunity to get rid of this bumbling idiot and the cabal but they decided to stick with the status quo - hell mend them. 

1 hour ago, CammyF said:

Doncaster now telling anyone who'll listen that reconstruction is only way to save Scottish Football. 

Rewind a few weeks and he was telling us handing the most tainted or all tainted titles to that mob was the only way to save Scottish Football. 

To think we have all 42 clubs a real opportunity to get rid of this bumbling idiot and the cabal but they decided to stick with the status quo - hell mend them. 

Doncaster is terrified Hearts taking the SPFL to court. It could be the end of the SPFL. Reconstruction is his last throw of the dice. 

20 hours ago, craig said:

I’m not having a go at you dB ??

but you also mentioned the PFA having issues - what issues could they have ?  If the season ended and players get paid to the end of their contracts, no issue, right ?  And if the season were extended and they had to extend contracts they would get paid then too, so no issue, right ?

My reasoning (as per first posting on this) was that had the season not been closed, the clubs would sure have kept their players on, even if contracts were due to run out in June. This was no issue now and thus they shed their squads like there is no tomorrow (as Dunfermline, Ross County and Co. did).

Well, there is, but "when" is the question and the gap till then is one the clubs do not need to finance for these players. I would assume that in normal circumstances, the freebie-players would probably face a few weeks without a new employer too, but this "window" might be longer than usual.

5 hours ago, RANGERRAB said:

Doncaster is terrified Hearts taking the SPFL to court. It could be the end of the SPFL. Reconstruction is his last throw of the dice. 

There will even less support for this kind of save-the-relegated-teams excercise than there had been for the initial vote. Just drags the circus on while teams shed players in cost-cutting attempts et al.

You would hope some of them just go the full monty and drag the SPFL to the court regarding the first vote and all that came of it.

I was thinking that if some clubs were to fold do you think their fans would switch their allegiance to another club , say Ross County and Inverness were to fold could you see their fans travelling to Aberdeen to watch the football,.

38 minutes ago, compo said:

I was thinking that if some clubs were to fold do you think their fans would switch their allegiance to another club , say Ross County and Inverness were to fold could you see their fans travelling to Aberdeen to watch the football,.

An ICT and County merger into Highland FC would make more sense ,and keep top flight football in that area.

Edited by Franc Ergs

2 hours ago, der Berliner said:

There will even less support for this kind of save-the-relegated-teams excercise than there had been for the initial vote. Just drags the circus on while teams shed players in cost-cutting attempts et al.

You would hope some of them just go the full monty and drag the SPFL to the court regarding the first vote and all that came of it.

As I understand,  it will require 11 of the premiership clubs to vote for these 14-14-14 reconstruction plans. There’s no chance of that happening.

Budge needs to realise that he only way to prevent hearts getting relegated is to take the SPFL to court. 

1 hour ago, Franc Ergs said:

An ICT and County merger into Highland FC would make more sense ,and keep top flight football in that area.

A very good idea. Could it happen? Doubt if County would want it unless they played in Dingwall and I can’t see caley going there.

They could play in tartan shirts. I think an Inverness welfare/school team did that long ago. Hilton? 

2 hours ago, compo said:

No. If they’re inclined to travel, it’ll be down the road to Ibrox. The north Highlands are good Rangers territory, I’ll say that much for them. Apart from Alness.