SPFL Season declaration challenged legally (ongoing discussion)

1 hour ago, MacK1950 said:

If I am correct there was only two leagues in the sixties.

Correct.

For a few seasons after the war there was a Division C, the top leagues being A and B.

Leith Athletic played in it.

Restructuring the league at extremely short notice is a very bad idea. It will be used as a power grab by the teams at the top.

If you want to restructure the league then you should give all teams at least one full season of notice. You should also provide a credible rationale. The latter is always absent from any discussion of league restructuring. This is no exception.

Meanwhile Neil Doncaster continues to rake in piles of cash.

While I feel we are definitely on the right side of this, I also believe if we should have gone further and said that due to the exceptional circumstances, every club in Scotland gets an equal share of the total prize money, so we truly are all in this together. That would really harm the bheasts, it would impact on us as well, but it would definitely get the full support of every club outside the SPFL. Given the cash is heavily weighted at the very top, would a 42 way chop leave more than about 4 clubs getting less than the current set-up?

It makes us look like we care about the smaller clubs in our country.

If our players took a pay cut (not a deferment) we could afford the drop in prize money, and it would be a great gesture to other clubs.

I would love to see the bheast mhedia try to paint that as a bad idea!

3 hours ago, MacK1950 said:

If I am correct there was only two leagues in the sixties.

You might be very well truth....but was there relegation to the low/high land leagues?

A lot of teams have been created since then - possibly 6? Will do a count.

Doesnt matter though - live in the now and it means going back to other times no harm. 3 divisions to start with.

1 hour ago, Gribz said:

was there relegation to the low/high land leagues

No. Otherwise Elgin City would have been lording it in Div 2. For about a decade it took a Div 1 team to put them out of the Scottish Cup. Having  said that, Ally McLeod’s Ayr United didn’t manage it.

1 hour ago, Gribz said:

possibly 6? Will do a count.

Excluding those over the last couple of seasons via the play-offs I can think of the following:-

I.C.T. a two team amalgamation.Ross County,Livingstone formerly Meadowbank Thistle/Ferranti Rovers,Peterhead,Elgin City & Annan Athletic.

2 hours ago, Gribz said:

You might be very well truth....but was there relegation to the low/high land leagues?

A lot of teams have been created since then - possibly 6? Will do a count.

Doesnt matter though - live in the now and it means going back to other times no harm. 3 divisions to start with.

Really? then well done then times.

There wasnt then RE relegation to low/high leagues...whats that got to do with now though. Keep it going. Encourage Scottish teams.

4 hours ago, Tannochsidebear said:

While I feel we are definitely on the right side of this, I also believe if we should have gone further and said that due to the exceptional circumstances, every club in Scotland gets an equal share of the total prize money, so we truly are all in this together. That would really harm the bheasts, it would impact on us as well, but it would definitely get the full support of every club outside the SPFL. Given the cash is heavily weighted at the very top, would a 42 way chop leave more than about 4 clubs getting less than the current set-up?

It makes us look like we care about the smaller clubs in our country.

If our players took a pay cut (not a deferment) we could afford the drop in prize money, and it would be a great gesture to other clubs.

I would love to see the bheast mhedia try to paint that as a bad idea!

They would find a way, you can be assured about that