Rangers appoint DUP councillor as Head of Communications and Media Relations

58 minutes ago, Walterbear said:

I don’t have to self evaluate just because I rightly want to wear my colours with pride and without inferred prejudice

If we had employed Owen Archdeacon as our PR guy, yahoos and diddies would still think you're an 'Orange b@stard' if you wear our colours.

Edited by Gonzo79

32 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

In this case, I hope it's all guns blazing.  

I would suspect he will be firm but the other sides have to play ball 

Far from a PR strategy of ‘No one likes us we don’t care’ it will more be like, These our our concerns, we can play ball but you’ll have to play ball also 

There are some organisations who are beyond repair (Record Sun etc) and some we have to try and repair something with (Fare, BBC etc) for the greater good 

I am very pro David Graham, he is after all one of us 

But the proof is always in the pudding 

2 minutes ago, Stevie - 4lads Blog said:

and some we have to try and repair something with (Fare, BBC etc) for the greater good 

I think the club have done far more than most to appease Fare.  The recent tweet by one their staff should have given us the advantage - I'm not sure what's gone on behind the scenes since that though.

BBC Scotland - I think that's beyond repair, in all honesty, until a change of hierarchy happens at PQ.

As yourself and others have said, only time will tell...

28 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

I think the club have done far more than most to appease Fare.  The recent tweet by one their staff should have given us the advantage - I'm not sure what's gone on behind the scenes since that though.

BBC Scotland - I think that's beyond repair, in all honesty, until a change of hierarchy happens at PQ.

As yourself and others have said, only time will tell...

I don’t disagree but I think we have to try 

2 hours ago, Stevie - 4lads Blog said:

I wrote this in my blog this week & I’ll say it again

His remit is the following 

- sort issues with BBC 

- sort issues with Fare

- sort issues with local politicians

- sort issues with our media 

He has the experience, he has the knowledge and has dealt with many things 

Am I biased? Absolutely but my opinion (mine) is I’m prepared to give him a go 

I’d rather a bluenose who was aware of the challenges we face than a big company who know nothing of our current dilemmas 

There are many other bluenoses who do not come with this unneeded baggage though. 

I fear we have shot ourselves in the foot on this one. 

Edited by Waltersgotstyle

Think posters should stop the negativity as it plays into the hands of the mhedia,if we cannot support the appointment how the hell can we expect to get fair coverage, not that we get any at the moment right enough.

20 minutes ago, Waltersgotstyle said:

There are many other bluenoses who do not come with this unneeded baggage though. 

Are you suggesting Rangers should operate an employment policy that discriminates against members of the OO?  

Our club and our support is perceived a certain way by large parts of Scottish/society and media.  I've read Tims online stating they want to oversee the Espanyolification of Rangers, where Celtc remain a politiciced behemoth of a football club and we become a sideshow (like Barcelona and Espanyol), where it's all about the football for us and we ditch all the bigotry.  That's where they want us and that's what we will become if we bend over and do as we're told.  I get that loads of Rangers fans have no interest in the Irish issues* but you come to games and you know what the songs are about, so what are you expecting?

*the OO holds absolutely no appeal for me.

58 minutes ago, Waltersgotstyle said:

I fear we have shot ourselves in the foot on this one. 

Aye but do they also come with the requisite PR skill set ?

who are these bluenoses waiting to step in and why didn’t they apply for the position in the first place ?

5 minutes ago, craig said:

Aye but do they also come with the requisite PR skill set ?

who are these bluenoses waiting to step in and why didn’t they apply for the position in the first place ?

Ah wuz doon at the joab centre and never seen it.