Rangers appoint DUP councillor as Head of Communications and Media Relations

31 minutes ago, craig said:

Aye but do they also come with the requisite PR skill set ?

who are these bluenoses waiting to step in and why didn’t they apply for the position in the first place ?

There are many well educated bears who could easily fulfill the role. 

The OO is a completely outdated organisation and any association stops our club moving forward. 

2 minutes ago, Waltersgotstyle said:

There are many well educated bears who could easily fulfill the role. 

The OO is a completely outdated organisation and any association stops our club moving forward. 

Being well educated doesn’t mean well versed in PR matters.  I’m well educated... but don’t have the requisite PR skill set for the job.

I’ll ask again, who are these bears that are suitable for the role, with the appropriate skill set and why didn’t they apply in the first place ?  To merely suggest there are without so much as a name doesn’t make it so.

Our club is inclusive.  To exclude David Graham because he’s in the OO would make us non-inclusive.  Would you have wanted to reject Dave King’s cash if he were in the OO ??

10 minutes ago, Stevie - 4lads Blog said:

Nailed it 

Damn right he "Nailed it".

The orange order is a completely out dated organisation. We have been fined on numerous occasions from UEFA this season and IMO this appointment undermines everything our board has done thus far to persuade elements within our support to drop the anti Catholic rhetoric. 

As a big Steven Gerrard fan do you not worry how feels when reading the headlines regarding this appointment?

I really thought we were making big steps forward but already this feels like a PR disaster. 

Oh the irony. 

51 minutes ago, craig said:

Being well educated doesn’t mean well versed in PR matters.  I’m well educated... but don’t have the requisite PR skill set for the job.

I’ll ask again, who are these bears that are suitable for the role, with the appropriate skill set and why didn’t they apply in the first place ?  To merely suggest there are without so much as a name doesn’t make it so.

Our club is inclusive.  To exclude David Graham because he’s in the OO would make us non-inclusive.  Would you have wanted to reject Dave King’s cash if he were in the OO ??

Come on Craig are you being deliberately obtuse here?

I was merely surmising that there must be other candidates out there who do not come with political baggage David Graham comes with.

Edited by Waltersgotstyle

I’d be pretty sure that, just like every other appointment at the club, Gerrard simply wants the best person in the role.

And none of us yet know if that is David Graham or not.

7 minutes ago, Waltersgotstyle said:

Damn right he "Nailed it".

The orange order is a completely out dated organisation. We have been fined on numerous occasions from UEFA this season and IMO this appointment undermines everything our board has done thus far to persuade elements within our support to drop the anti Catholic rhetoric. 

As a big Steven Gerrard fan do you not worry how feels when reading the headlines regarding this appointment?

I really thought we were making big steps forward but already this feels like a PR disaster. 

Oh the irony. 

What has the Orange Order got to do with our Uefa fines? 

He’s from NI who have superbly turned round their own image and song sheet, he has that knowledge 

What has Gerrard got to do with it also? David comes from a very diverse family, you saying because he’s in the OO he must be a bigot or something? 

The only irony is you are hell bent against this appointment citing loads of reasons yet none of them disguise your hatred for the OO 

So who has the issue here ? 

1 minute ago, Waltersgotstyle said:

Come on Craig are you being deliberately obtuse here?

I was merely surmising that there must be other candidates out there who do not come with political baggage David Graham comes with.

I’m not being obtuse at all - indeed, I’d say it’s you who is being obtuse.  You say there are plenty of bluenoses who could do this job but, as yet, still haven’t been able to suggest anyone.

who are these candidates and why are they better than David Graham ?  I’m not saying there aren’t any but we also don’t know if any of them would be as good as David Graham at the job.