Rangers appoint DUP councillor as Head of Communications and Media Relations

1 minute ago, Gonzo79 said:

Because two red tops, of ill-repute, have criticised it?

I couldn't careless about the tabloids, I'm more worried about the message this sends out to our fans. 

We are trying hard to rid ourselves of various offensive songs and IMO this appointment undermines that message.

11 minutes ago, Stevie - 4lads Blog said:

What has the Orange Order got to do with our Uefa fines? 

He’s from NI who have superbly turned round their own image and song sheet, he has that knowledge 

What has Gerrard got to do with it also? David comes from a very diverse family, you saying because he’s in the OO he must be a bigot or something? 

The only irony is you are hell bent against this appointment citing loads of reasons yet none of them disguise your hatred for the OO 

So who has the issue here ? 

I want our club to be all inclusive and IMO being a member of the OO does not go hand in hand with that message or idealogoy. 

As for Steven Gerrard he has spoken out in regards to fan behaviour this season and has made it known that  certain songs and ideas are not welcome. Songs which stem from the OO culture. 

IMO if the club chooses to hire a member of the OO then an element of our support will see this an excuse to continue singing certain songs and in turn will bring more Uefa sanctions. 

Edited by Waltersgotstyle

1 minute ago, Waltersgotstyle said:

I want our club to be all inclusive and IMO being a member of the OO does not go hand in hand with that message or idealogoy. 

As for Steven Gerrard he has spoken out in regards to fan behaviour this season and has made it known that  certain songs and ideas are not welcome. Songs which stem from the OO culture. 

IMO if the club chooses to hire a member of the OO then an element of our support will see this an excuse to continue singing certain songs and in turn will bring more Uefa sanctions. 

What a pile of absolute uneducated shite you have just spouted 

12 minutes ago, craig said:

I’m not being obtuse at all - indeed, I’d say it’s you who is being obtuse.  You say there are plenty of bluenoses who could do this job but, as yet, still haven’t been able to suggest anyone.

who are these candidates and why are they better than David Graham ?  I’m not saying there aren’t any but we also don’t know if any of them would be as good as David Graham at the job.

I am suggesting there must be other bluenoses with a PR background whose appointment does not come with the baggage that David Graham does. 

8 minutes ago, Waltersgotstyle said:

I am suggesting there must be other bluenoses with a PR background whose appointment does not come with the baggage that David Graham does. 

Where are they ?  Why didn’t they apply for the job or, if they did, why did the club go with Graham ?  I suspect the club went with David Graham because they felt he was the best candidate.  I doubt his OO affiliations came into it and that the club merely felt he was the best candidate for the job.

His affiliations with the OO doesn’t prevent him from carrying out his job.  The one he is employed to do.

i think you’re reading far more into his OO background than needs be - and I, personally, think you are significantly overplaying what impact his OO affiliations will have on the remainder of the support.  Indeed, his experience in the OO will give him a particular insight into how to combat the add-ones in some of our songs and how to reach out to that element of our support

7 minutes ago, craig said:

Where are they ?  Why didn’t they apply for the job or, if they did, why did the club go with Graham ?  I suspect the club went with David Graham because they felt he was the best candidate.  I doubt his OO affiliations came into it and that the club merely felt he was the best candidate for the job.

His affiliations with the OO doesn’t prevent him from carrying out his job.  The one he is employed to do.

i think you’re reading far more into his OO background than needs be - and I, personally, think you are significantly overplaying what impact his OO affiliations will have on the remainder of the support.  Indeed, his experience in the OO will give him a particular insight into how to combat the add-ones in some of our songs and how to reach out to that element of our support

Lets hope you are right. 

22 minutes ago, Waltersgotstyle said:

Well done Stevie - great debating skills there. 

I expected more from you. 

Can’t debate with that mate 

You’ve just blamed the OO for everything, Uefa fines, singing and Gerrard all in one 

Come on man, I’d have more respect if you just said ‘I don’t like David Graham because of his background’ 

Fair enough I get that

But let’s cut the shit and stop blaming the OO for everything - you are making yourself look far worse and less tolerant than anything David Graham has ever done 

1 hour ago, Waltersgotstyle said:

Damn right he "Nailed it".

The orange order is a completely out dated organisation. We have been fined on numerous occasions from UEFA this season and IMO this appointment undermines everything our board has done thus far to persuade elements within our support to drop the anti Catholic rhetoric. 

As a big Steven Gerrard fan do you not worry how feels when reading the headlines regarding this appointment?

I really thought we were making big steps forward but already this feels like a PR disaster. 

Oh the irony. 

I do believe Partick Thistle are looking for more support !

6 hours ago, Stevie - 4lads Blog said:

I wrote this in my blog this week & I’ll say it again

His remit is the following 

- sort issues with BBC 

- sort issues with Fare

- sort issues with local politicians

- sort issues with our media 

He has the experience, he has the knowledge and has dealt with many things 

Am I biased? Absolutely but my opinion (mine) is I’m prepared to give him a go 

I’d rather a bluenose who was aware of the challenges we face than a big company who know nothing of our current dilemmas 

LOL David Graham has absolutely no chance of sorting anything out with those four groups you’ve mentioned.

These  are what they are I.e. Rangers haters

A complete ban from ibrox Stadium is the only solution for these people