Rangers appoint DUP councillor as Head of Communications and Media Relations

6 hours ago, der Berliner said:

Evening Times "article" ... not exactly unexpected:

You wonder why he deemed it necessary to start with the "not a new club" mantra? Then again, there is so much wrong in that article ...

Have to be honest, I thought his article was fairly balanced.  Aside from calling for a "jobs for the boys" at the end.

Neil should have deferred.

Asking for tolerance then castigating David Graham for being a Northern Irish Unionist and member of the Orange Order is Neil's problem, and numerous others in both the Scottish print and broadcast media. Rangers have appointed David Graham, why not give him a chance? 

In the open spirit that Neil calls for, why doesn't the current part time Journo tell of his preference on bed sheets? Egyptian cotton as opposed to Irish Linen? You see Neil took his redundancy last year, suffers from the black dog. He ploughed his hard earned into a Boarding House on a west coast island. Does Neil prefer his guests start their day with honey or marmalade? Should Neil's guests know Neil's background?

We know when the OO marches, the DUP are a legitimate political party pursuing a perfectly legitimate political agenda, and David Graham has never pulled on a balaclava. Compare and contrast with Neil's favourites, has anyone at Sellik Park gone into land deals with Slab Murphy? I think Neil knows the answer to that one; maybe he can help out with this one, when's the date and time of the next Opus Dei march? You know that organisation founded by Franco's personal Bishop?

Bang another gong, your guests are waiting on their dinner.

2 hours ago, Bluedell said:

If the new head of PR was a RC and a member of the SNP then the press wouldn't mention it. 

Apparently being a Protestant and a unionist is some sort of crime in modern Scotland that the press have to emphasise someone's political and religious views and suggest that they are unsuitable for a job because of it.

Imagine the uproar if someone was branded unsuitable for a non-religious job because they were a RC and a nationalist.

Neil Cameron is a bigot.

Are you sure about that? I would have thought it would get coverage like MoJo signing for us and hailed as a propaganda coup for political correctness or whatever. I read the article again and I can't see that Cameron is a bigot; always assumed he was a Rangers fan but here he just seems to me to be getting on his high horse just for the sake of it. I'm just having a chuckle knowing how our East End cousins will be frothing. 

I’ve never heard of David Graham but wish him well in his appointment.

My only concern about him is whether he had sufficient PR experience for will be a very difficult role at times in dealing with a very biased media in this country 

Neil Cameron is a Celtic fan. I can tell you that because he told me. I can also tell you he's no bigot, at least no more so than you or me. But he is a newspaper journalist who writes what he knows will be published. It's a job not a conviction, I don't know why so many people find that hard to accept. You don't have to be a bigot because someone doesn't agree with what you write. There are plenty of real bigots in the Scottish media, I honestly don't believe he's one of them.

22 minutes ago, Bill said:

Neil Cameron is a Celtic fan. I can tell you that because he told me. I can also tell you he's no bigot, at least no more so than you or me. But he is a newspaper journalist who writes what he knows will be published. It's a job not a conviction, I don't know why so many people find that hard to accept. You don't have to be a bigot because someone doesn't agree with what you write. There are plenty of real bigots in the Scottish media, I honestly don't believe he's one of them.

Occasionally everyone's mask slips.