Coronavirus and the political situation

2 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

That's shite.

Buster asked what it would look like if a health service was overrun and unable to cope and I replied Italy.

Are you saying the Italian health service isn't overrun and is coping well? 

He's basically saying the rest of the world = good, UK/US/Israel = bad, just the same as he does everyday whatever the subject

2 minutes ago, buster. said:

I see my one-liner hit a nerve ?

Free tip: Stay away from the window in case the authorities see you foam at the keyboard and send the white van round !! 

Stop polishing your ego and save your flattery for the Senoritas.

4 minutes ago, forlanssister said:

He's basically saying the rest of the world = good, UK/US/Israel = bad, just the same as he does everyday whatever the subject

Sure it's over-run but if we hadn't underfunded our service we would now be better placed to cope. For example UK has 2.5 beds per 1,000 people; in Italy it's 3.2. Yet still they cannot cope. But I don't blame individual countries I blame capitalism. If they hadn't been so concerned with the profit motive we might even had a vaccine by now. But we have had Sars, Zika, Ebola et al, so it's not like we weren't warned. Research into a coronavirus vaccine was scrapped in 2004 after Sars peaked and the death rate diminished. Research is not cost-effective you see. When it finally does hit the market Trump will likely buy it to use solely in the US and he will have to meet his asking price if we want it.

39 minutes ago, craig said:

Exactly.  In a time like this I think it’s unfair to make comparisons as healthcare professionals, and governments, are drinking through firehoses.

At a political level, the time to consider these questions will be further down the line but that doesn´t stop punters on a messageboard bringing the subject of what state the NHS was in at the start of this crisis due in large part to political decisions. 

As I mentioned previously, it´s now about management of the scarce resources and I for one am willing everyone in those positions to play a blinder, including the UK PM.

If we are going to be consistently PC on the messageboard then admin would have changed the name of the Chinese Virus thread and use the official name once it came.  This because we are now all in this together and it´s not the time or useful to play the blame game. I didn´t mention this because it is relatively unimportant on a messageboard without huge levels of traffic. 

17 minutes ago, forlanssister said:

Criticise who you want it's not as if this forum is like the anti-free speech Corbynite Labour Party is it?

Every government battling this horrible situation will make mistakes no matter what country, no matter where they are on the political spectrum, however the fact remains that Communism delivered this crisis to the world and Capitalism will deliver the solution. Whether you like it or not at some point herd immunity will come into play if doesn't then we're all fu*&ked anyway.

You are nearly right; party members will soon have that right taken away when it ceases to be the Corbyn party. Not much free speech in the Boris Party either; speak out and you lose your lucrative ministerial positions. Just ask Sajid Javid.

1 minute ago, alexscottislegend said:

Sure it's over-run but if we hadn't underfunded our service we would now be better placed to cope. For example UK has 2.5 beds per 1,000 people; in Italy it's 3.2. Yet still they cannot cope. But I don't blame individual countries I blame capitalism. If they hadn't been so concerned with the profit motive we might even had a vaccine by now. But we have had Sars, Zika, Ebola et al, so it's not like we weren't warned. Research into a coronavirus vaccine was scrapped in 2004 after Sars peaked and the death rate diminished. Research is not cost-effective you see. When it finally does hit the market Trump will likely buy it to use solely in the US and he will have to meet his asking price if we want it.

You blame Capitalism for an evil of Communism?

Have you watched the Sky News videos from Italy furfuxake (it's no longer Murdoch owned so should be off your boycott list) it's clear as day no country in the world could ever have prepared for what has happened, though there's an argument that could be proffered for the resolutely Capitalist right-wing Dictatorship of Singapore.

I hope the first company to come up with and develop a vaccine are Teva.

19 minutes ago, forlanssister said:

Free Tip 2: Seven days self isolation from the internet