Coronavirus and the political situation

15 minutes ago, alexscottislegend said:

I just put it out there as a thought - didn't say I wholeheartedly subscribed to it. We not allowed to speculate now, then?

You can speculate all you want on fake news, but at the end of the day it's still fake. 

2 minutes ago, craig said:

Hypocrisy ?  Can you point me to my hypocrisy please ?  I’ll wait.

correct, I don’t know if Boris is ill or not, but then I wasn’t the one “questioning”, “speculating” or indeed conspiracy theorizing about it.

I suspect the only reason you even brought it up was so you could call Boris a liar.  You’re nothing if not predictable :thup:

I started to write that for another thread but inadvertently it got in corporated in my reply. Tried to edit it later. Dont expect you to believe me though.

9 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Getting in a bunch of more traditional Labour people, who care more about the greater British good than constant focus on minority issues, with a strong dose of scepticism about the EU, should be the approach.  

Labour would have to roll back to the days of James Callaghan for that, though John Smith was trying to take it back further from the left after those clowns Foot & Kinnock, before he died. 

7 minutes ago, alexscottislegend said:

I started to write that for another thread but inadvertently it got in corporated in my reply. Tried to edit it later. Dont expect you to believe me though.

No worries ASIL.  I do actually believe you - that happens easily on the forum :thup:

Plus, I haven't shown any signs of hypocrisy on this :D

2 minutes ago, ChelseaBoy said:

Labour would have to roll back to the days of James Callaghan for that, though John Smith was trying to take it back further from the left after those clowns Foot & Kinnock, before he died. 

I always thought John Smith was a fine politician, though maybe it was the innocence of youth :D

8 minutes ago, alexscottislegend said:

This goes on about Ventilators. There is no shortage of them. If the situation worsens considerably over the next month it may become an issue, but at the moment the public and private capacity is meeting the need. 

As the article on Spiked by Brendan O'Neil concludes, The left are falling over themselves to score cheap political points over the virus and the suffering of the people as they are inept at almost anything else.

3 hours ago, ChelseaBoy said:

This goes on about Ventilators. There is no shortage of them. If the situation worsens considerably over the next month it may become an issue, but at the moment the public and private capacity is meeting the nee

Eh?  I think the shortage of ventilators is a major issue. I'm not blaming anyone, but as the rate of infection starts to accelerate we will see a huge increase in the death rate if we do not increase the number of ventilators available.