Coronavirus and the political situation

20 hours ago, alexscottislegend said:

Never nice to be reminded of uncomfortable truths. Talking of New Zealand, they sacked their health minister who breached lockdown rules; Calderwood was sacked in Scotland; now what happened to Robert Jenrick when he did the same?

New Zealand didn't sack their health minister but hey you're not one to let the truth spoil your posts.  :ph34r:

3 hours ago, gaspard said:

Was that the time you pretended to "get lost" on the way there, and spent the night in a stewardesses apartment in Australia?

T'was Auckland not Australia and in my defence I was 1 week past my 10th birthday and travelling on my tod having previously ventured as far as Filey.

1 hour ago, alexscottislegend said:

Because the policy is to see it fail instead of keeping it fully owned by the public

You will have evidence of the existence of the policy. Where can I find it?

8 hours ago, buster. said:

Might have been a "shite programme" from your angle but it's a very topical and worthwhile subject to focus on. I never saw it but I hope they went into how governments have treated the NHS for the last decade+ and how various warnings weren't heeded re. some kind of pandemic prep. re.stores.

This conspiracy shite that the BBC are a left wing conglomerate is laughable.

Just because they aren't biased toward the right as per a large section of the mainstream media ,...doesn't make them communist.

And Bill, the BBC were anything but favourable to Corbyn.

Establishment interests didn't want Corbyn to become PM and the BBC at the top, are all about the establishment interest. Which is nothing to do with the left.

It was the usual Panorama stitch up job and they wheeled out a number of Labour activists, but didnt question why the NHS procurement teams themselves had not purchased adequate amounts of PPE. Some trusts did, but others had obviously dropped the ball despite record amounts of funding going into the NHS.

"There are none so blind as those who will not see" and public opinion is moving away from the BBC towards contempt as it did towards the Labour Party and the EU. You keep on fighting those lost causes Buster at least you will ASIL for company. :) 

35 minutes ago, Scott7 said:

You will have evidence of the existence of the policy. Where can I find it?

Basically it all stems from the 2012 Health and Social Care Act but the wheels were set in motion by the introduction of PFI's under Blair.

https://www.kingsfund.org.uk/publications/articles/big-election-questions-nhs-privatised?gclid=CjwKCAjwqJ_1BRBZEiwAv73uwIveGgIZZtnLU9u5HLT2z3mwNSFZbyD1psGVupEt_6G1y5yppFLGXhoCANEQAvD_BwE

9 minutes ago, ChelseaBoy said:

It was the usual Panorama stitch up job and they wheeled out a number of Labour activists, but didnt question why the NHS procurement teams themselves had not purchased adequate amounts of PPE. Some trusts did, but others had obviously dropped the ball despite record amounts of funding going into the NHS.

"There are none so blind as those who will not see" and public opinion is moving away from the BBC towards contempt as it did towards the Labour Party and the EU. You keep on fighting those lost causes Buster at least you will ASIL for company. :) 

And that's the point: when profit and not social need is the driver society has no control. 

What's really depressing is that this 'clapping for the NHS' we love-you claptrap is deflecting from the decade of underfunding that has rendered the service almost incapable of doing its job. We have Major Tom and the like raising money which should have been there in the first place and if you don't join in with the celebrations you are considered some sort of misanthrope. But when it's all over and the nurses demand a pay rise? Then the Daily Mail will start up with its "shame on the nurses" rhetoric. The NHS is not a charity: it is and should continue to be paid for out of our taxes. So Hancock and Johnson can portray themselves as heroes for now and then dodge the opprobrium for dismantling the service afterwards. Johnson didn't take 'one for the team'; that doctor who died at the weekend did exactly that, working without proper equipment.

But of course speaking out is becoming more difficult in a land where free speech is rapidly diminishing. For example, Julian Assange and Craig Murray are effectively silenced (Murray has just been threatened with court action without a judge or a jury). We're not a Saudi dictatorship yet but we might soon be.

I don't need to bang a saucepan as I've taken part in marches -twice - to warn folk about the dangers of letting our most valued institution become a bargaining chip in a UK-US trade deal.

Oh - and see if staff go on strike to demand PPE watch all this sentimental 'goodwill' vanish overnight. 

34 minutes ago, alexscottislegend said:

What's really depressing is that this 'clapping for the NHS' we love-you claptrap is deflecting from the decade of underfunding that has rendered the service almost incapable of doing its job. We have Major Tom and the like raising money which should have been there in the first place and if you don't join in with the celebrations you are considered some sort of misanthrope. But when it's all over and the nurses demand a pay rise? Then the Daily Mail will start up with its "shame on the nurses" rhetoric. The NHS is not a charity: it is and should continue to be paid for out of our taxes. So Hancock and Johnson can portray themselves as heroes for now and then dodge the opprobrium for dismantling the service afterwards. Johnson didn't take 'one for the team'; that doctor who died at the weekend did exactly that, working without proper equipment.

But of course speaking out is becoming more difficult in a land where free speech is rapidly diminishing. For example, Julian Assange and Craig Murray are effectively silenced (Murray has just been threatened with court action without a judge or a jury). We're not a Saudi dictatorship yet but we might soon be.

I don't need to bang a saucepan as I've taken part in marches -twice - to warn folk about the dangers of letting our most valued institution become a bargaining chip in a UK-US trade deal.

Oh - and see if staff go on strike to demand PPE watch all this sentimental 'goodwill' vanish overnight. 

Why do you hate the N.H.S. so much?

35 minutes ago, alexscottislegend said:

We're not a Saudi dictatorship yet but we might soon be.

Ash Sarkar is regularly a guest on mainstream TV shows, having stated she is "literally a Communist".  

If someone stated, publically, that they are a fascist, do you think they would still continue to be invited onto mainstream TV?

Fascism and Communism aren't much different, in practice, as the millions of deaths caused by both ably demonstrate.