Coronavirus and the political situation

BBC reporting that an existing drug is showing promise as a treatment for those who become seriously ill.

A cheap and widely available drug can help save the lives of patients seriously ill with coronavirus. The low-dose steroid treatment dexamethasone is a major breakthrough in the fight against the deadly virus, UK experts say.

Coronavirus: Dexamethasone proves first life-saving drug

Coincidentally, I met up with a pal who works at the Royal Infirmary last night and he was telling me he keeps getting a row for not wearing his face mask on the normal (non-Covid) wards.  

We both agreed it'd be better to die than look rubbish.  ?

3 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Coincidentally, I met up with a pal who works at the Royal Infirmary last night and he was telling me he keeps getting a row for not wearing his face mask on the normal (non-Covid) wards.  

If they were to change that black one to royal blue I'd definitely get one.

Scotland leading the way in the UK again!!!

Scotland's GDP falls by 2.5% in first three months of year - UK GDP fell by 2%
Output across the Scottish economy was down 18.9% in April, and 5% in March according to new 'experimental' data

Well done the SNP for guiding our little ship closer to the  fiscal rocks. 

At least with the global oil situation (deemed a crisis on Saudi) the economic case for Independence has gone up in smoke, although not literally. 

I predict a substantial u-turn from Sturgeon and a more rapid easing of restriction. Her battalions of media gurus and advisors will be reporting significant unrest at her cautious approach and she won't hesitate to move 180 degrees if that's the way to keep votes. The woman is an unmitigated shit.

5 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

20200617_170715.jpg